Deaf Ministry @ First Baptist Church, Rosemount, Minnesota

pek1

Reaction score
Sunday night, I was unable to find a church to attend for the evening service, as two that I drove by didn't have services (no sign stating it was cancelled).

I decided to drive by Rosemount, as I attended there a few years ago and was extremely nervous about going in, especially with my hearing dog.

Well, the end of the service came and guess who came up to me? babymakerdaddy did, as did some others in the deaf ministry at this church. I have to say, I'm normally not at a loss for words, but I was welcomed back there with open arms, just as if I had been away on an extended vacation. I talked with a gentleman who has a service dog and was thrilled to see Snickers in church (he left his at home due to the heat).

The point I want to make to all of you on alldeaf.com is this is the church you will want to attend. As before with me, they'll bend over backward for you. I look forward to going back and picking up asl classes. Here is the website: http://www.fbcrsmt.org/

P.S. Thanks, Todd!

Obviously you were destined to be there that night-- ;)

That's nice that you felt welcomed and now you'll be looking forward to heading back there...hope great blessings find its way down to you. :)

Oh, that's great ! I am glad you like this church. By the way, it's good to know that you are goin' to take ASL classes. :thumb: Keep up visitin' there.

CyberRed said:
Oh, that's great ! I am glad you like this church. By the way, it's good to know that you are goin' to take ASL classes. :thumb: Keep up visitin' there.

Yeah, I've had a year of it at MSUM because it was required for my major, but I would like to improve upon it.

pek1 said:
Yeah, I've had a year of it at MSUM because it was required for my major, but I would like to improve upon it.

Great ... then, some day I will challenge you with my sign language to see, if you could understand me. :D

pek1 said:

*points heavenlywards* Won't need it--there. :D

Roadrunner said:
*points heavenlywards* Won't need it--there. :D

He is not in heaven yet. He is still livin' on this earth to use his hands.

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's why I said he is not in heaven yet. :)

I used to go to that church.... but not anymore because I am ALWAYS ALWAYS busy! Plus theres more stuff to do in St. Paul/Minneapolis. I do believe in god yes but I am not too religious person.

Hey, Pete

It is good to see you again in First Baptist Church! We surely do welcome you back with open arms and warm hearts. Snickers is always welcome, also. My daughter, Esther, sure would love to meet him! She love Tim's service dog as well.

Rachel - it was good to see your sister, Jessica, again a few weeks ago. If you ever find the time to visit again, I encourage you to come for a visit.

LisaMarie - the same invitation goes to you. If you ever can come over and visit, please do, and look me up there. Ask any one for me, and they know where to find me.

Have a happy day!

Trent

babymakerdaddy said:
Hey, Pete

It is good to see you again in First Baptist Church! We surely do welcome you back with open arms and warm hearts. Snickers is always welcome, also. My daughter, Esther, sure would love to meet him! She love Tim's service dog as well.

Rachel - it was good to see your sister, Jessica, again a few weeks ago. If you ever find the time to visit again, I encourage you to come for a visit.

LisaMarie - the same invitation goes to you. If you ever can come over and visit, please do, and look me up there. Ask any one for me, and they know where to find me.

Have a happy day!

Trent

Blushing . . . Thank you, Trent. I am surprised how well Snickers is doing in church with all the kids that come over to greet her. I think you have an idea how worried I am sometimes when I get bombarded by the kids . . . some actually put their faces right into hers! :jaw: But, I have worked with her extensively on this and, although we are a team, I do get a little nervous. lol! Tomorrow morning should be a treat when all the buses are full of kids . . . I have no idea how I'm going to maneuver on this one, but will stay away from the jr. church area as soon as I know where it's at, because these kids should be focusing on the Lord, not the dog. I would be interested in coming down to talk to the kids, something to tie into the topic of obedience or something like that.

:fruit:

Its SO nice meeting you, Babymakerdaddy and Pek1..

It was so nice church.. we are happy to find what we search for! :)

I would like to continue to go there for my spritiual support and our kids too..

Pek1.. I was awe that you have huge dog.. WOW, hes great dog!!..

Babymakerdaddy.. you got cute kids and thanks watching over our little ones in nursery room...

See you both soon! ;-)

DoofusMama said:
:fruit:

Its SO nice meeting you, Babymakerdaddy and Pek1..

It was so nice church.. we are happy to find what we search for! :)

I would like to continue to go there for my spritiual support and our kids too..

Pek1.. I was awe that you have huge dog.. WOW, hes great dog!!..

Babymakerdaddy.. you got cute kids and thanks watching over our little ones in nursery room...

See you both soon! ;-)

Snickers is a girl dog, think she'd be offended if called a boy. :dizzy: :-o Women's lib thing, can you understand it?:mrgreen:

I look forward to seeing the two of you again!

:D at Snickers. She's a good dog. My mother jokingly, "Take Wiley (dog) with you to church and he'd sing and pray along with people."

Glad that Babymakerdaddy has welcome you back in church. :)

Safari said:
:D at Snickers. She's a good dog. My mother jokingly, "Take Wiley (dog) with you to church and he'd sing and pray along with people."

Glad that Babymakerdaddy has welcome you back in church. :)

That would be a hoot! However, it could go the other way and you both could get asked to leave, as I was one time at a church in Fargo, North Dakota. I was so mad that one person on my email list forwarded my message to a reporter at the Fargo Forum newspaper. It went on front page in April 2003.

pek1

Just wanted to let you know what Esther said to me last night at church - for those of you who do not know, Esther is my 2 year old daughter. She saw Snickers and she looked at me and said, " 'nickers! I LOVE 'nickers!" Esther just loves to see your dog at church.

Have a good day, and we'll see you when we get back from vacation in Florida!

Trent

Back