Deaf Man Wins the Lottery!

it is very rare to have a deaf person to win the lottery. All I remember is that most lottery people (not sure of disabled and blind people ever win the lottery) are mostly hearing people. I am glad that he won the lottery from Riverside, California. I used to lived in Riverside and my son was born there. Hurrah for him. Of course, I wish that I could have a million dollars so that I could have a easy life. Oh well. sigh. :D
That's what I was thinking too. Really lucky deaf guy. ;]

Congrats. But, i hope he will spend very wisely. I hope not other deafies harass him for money, money, and money. If I were him, first, I pay taxes, then pay off my debt, give some money to my immediate family members (my parents and brother, for example), and give money to charities. I will dare to tell my friends that I will not have money anymore. Too bad for those greedy people.

Wow.. what a lucky guy?!!!

Hey, Lance, can you share your money with us? I am only kidding! :giggle:
Congrats, btw...

Lucky man, indeed! $75 annually for 20 years is a cool deal.

There were a teacher couple from FSDB won the state lottery several years ago... somewhere in the low teens of millions in lump sum. They quit their jobs and live in Jax... last time I heard.

There is another deaf man from Midwest who inherited about a million dollars (remains of 20-year payments) lottery from his parents who won it but both deceased. I think it's near done by now or anytime soon. (won back in 1989)

Wow! That's a very rare winning!

And I am glad he chose the annual payment.

LOL! yeah, hes a very fortunate man to win
the lottery but umm did you see his pic?
he has a long gray scraggly beard..:eek3: haha
He never married..whoa...
Now, maybe he will have a bunch of ladies
running after him..for umm you know what..LOL!

good on him, he had enough bad luck about time for change of luck. I hope he'd spend it wisely over the 20 years, its easy to have alot of money but let the wind blow it away is just really easy too.

I know him and his circumstances, Grummer and I assure you he won't fritter it away.

Just remember that large amounts of money does strange things to people.....:cool2:

He's a lucky fella. Let's hope he will be able to enjoy it while it still lasts. :)

Lucky guy! :)
I have a deaf friend who twice got five of the six numbers in the Illinois lottery. But as far as I am concerned, he has a better chance of getting bitten by a shark downtown than he has of winning the big one.

Congrats. But, i hope he will spend very wisely. I hope not other deafies harass him for money, money, and money. If I were him, first, I pay taxes, then pay off my debt, give some money to my immediate family members (my parents and brother, for example), and give money to charities. I will dare to tell my friends that I will not have money anymore. Too bad for those greedy people.

Good idea. If I were him, I will pay taxes first (OK), I don't have debt, but I will pay for my mother's debt, my families and friends, and giving to charities such as Alldeaf, National
Assocation of the Deaf, pulmonary hypertension, and autism association, maybe even my favorite captioning company for making captioned on these
public-domain films such as Gulliver's Travels, Angel and the Badman, and much more!

Back