Deaf man stabbed after his sign language was mistaken for gang signs

Evo Dragon

Reaction score
Deaf man stabbed after his sign language was mistaken for gang signs, North Carolina police say - Crimesider - CBS News

(AP) BURLINGTON, N.C. - Police in Burlington say a deaf man was stabbed several times after his sign language was mistaken for gang signs by another man on January 9th.

Sgt. Mark Yancey said 45-year-old Terrance Ervin Daniels was using sign language with another deaf man. A third person saw them, thought they were flashing gang signs and stabbed Daniels several times with a kitchen knife. A neighbor saw the victim and called emergency personnel.

Daniels was brought to UNC Hospitals in Chapel Hill and was listed in stable condition after the incident.

Police arrested 22-year-old Robert Jarell Neal and charged him with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill and inflicting serious injury and felony assault on a handicapped person. He was in the Alamance County jail Friday night on a $500,000 bond. It's not known if Neal has an attorney.

Good for scumbag, I hope justice will be brought to the fullest extent of law. Hope he gets maximum sentence.

I am glad the cops where able to find and arrest that bastard! I hope he get
locked up for a good long time!

I know it won't happen, but would love to see these scumbags sent to ADMAX in Florence, Colorado.

Those gangs must have been tripping to lose their own mind when they see someone signs. sad.

Just shows how dumb some people can be.....and dumb can be deadly at times.....

Back