Deaf Magic The Gathering Judge ?

wavedancer

Reaction score
Does Anyone know if there are any Judges for "Magic the Gathering Trading Card Game who are Deaf ? I've read of Deaf players but never Deaf judges.

I'm asking because I used to play the game alot even after going Deaf and I was thinking of trying to become a judge. Then I could hold "Deaf Magic the Gathering Nite" and do thing like Friday Night Magic. It's been frustrating to play when no one signs and I'd like to play with more Deafies. I'd like to Judge to but I am not sure if any Deafies have gone there before :P

I got WAY too much time on my hands. LOL

PS.Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, but it's not a PC game so I wasn't sure If it should go in the gaming thread. Feel free to move it if it does.

Man, I played Magic waaaaaaaayyy back in the day. Some good times. Definitely taught me some good critical thinking skills. I eventually got sick of all the 45-year-old-still-living-with-mom ponytailed weirdos who played it. :D

Have never heard of a deaf judge...

But.. but..

I am NOT 45 years old ! (yet, lol)

and I dont live with my parents !

I DO have a ponytail though, hrmmm...

We (hubby and I) used to play it instead of bridge, because.. well, I never got the hang of bridge ! We played with father/ son teams, and other couples and...

Maybe I'll be the first !

Oh no, I HATE having to go first !

Please someone tell me someone else has gone there before !

A female Magic player??? BEHOLD!!!!! Lol. I remember in 5 years or so that I played, I only saw maybe three women playing, and they were always fawned over by all the dorks.

Don't worry, my 45-years-old-still-living-with-mom description only applies to men. :)

Regardless, I think it's great to see integration and deafies taking on new roles in any aspect of society. So good on you! Good luck!

But.. but..

I am NOT 45 years old ! (yet, lol)

and I dont live with my parents !

I DO have a ponytail though, hrmmm...

We (hubby and I) used to play it instead of bridge, because.. well, I never got the hang of bridge ! We played with father/ son teams, and other couples and...

Maybe I'll be the first !

Oh no, I HATE having to go first !

Please someone tell me someone else has gone there before !

LOL @ALEX Thanks

They DO fawn, until you take a set 3-0 ! Then, well, the brains just stalls, it's worse if you beat them with something cute like Elves or Unicorns *evil grin*

KristinaB - I'd teach everyone how to play ! I'm actaully working on making sure i can sign all the rules and getting together Loaner decks, just in case I DO have Card Gaming night or something over at my place ! It's a neat geeky game where you play a wizard trying to beat up another wizard and you can learn online too !

Linky if anyone is intersted : Magic Experience : Magic: The Gathering

I hope that works, lol

A female Magic player??? BEHOLD!!!!! Lol. I remember in 5 years or so that I played, I only saw maybe three women playing, and they were always fawned over by all the dorks.

Don't worry, my 45-years-old-still-living-with-mom description only applies to men. :)

Regardless, I think it's great to see integration and deafies taking on new roles in any aspect of society. So good on you! Good luck!

*cough, cough* :wave: I am a female Magic the Gathering player. I even work at a *dramatic gasp* Gaming Store!

LOL @ALEX Thanks

They DO fawn, until you take a set 3-0 ! Then, well, the brains just stalls, it's worse if you beat them with something cute like Elves or Unicorns *evil grin*

KristinaB - I'd teach everyone how to play ! I'm actaully working on making sure i can sign all the rules and getting together Loaner decks, just in case I DO have Card Gaming night or something over at my place ! It's a neat geeky game where you play a wizard trying to beat up another wizard and you can learn online too !

Linky if anyone is intersted : Magic Experience : Magic: The Gathering

I hope that works, lol

I love it when the geeks apologize for doing damage to me....or maybe they are afraid I might kick them out of the store. LOL! BTW I would never kick them out for a silly reason like poor sportsmanship.

I love it when the geeks apologize for doing damage to me....or maybe they are afraid I might kick them out of the store. LOL! BTW I would never kick them out for a silly reason like poor sportsmanship.

LOL

Dang, I can't find a cheerleader icon :(

Glad I'm not the only girl here who plays. I've worked in Comic stores too Juli, itsa hoot ! Especailly when ten years later your leftover comics manage to pay your rent. I recently took a collection over to poor store where they had never seen a complete set of Miracleman before. That ws fun ! Haven't found anyone to play with in Tampa yet, so "deaf magic the gathering nite" is quickly becoming a possibility.

Do you play online as well?

Back