Deaf Mafia/Criminals Military/War Contributors ?

Jimmie

Reaction score
I am just really curious about a couple of my own personal interests and how they relate to deaf culture/society. Does anyone know of any sort of deaf organized crime/mafia? or perhaps any infamous deaf criminals? Same goes for military type things, any deaf involved in WWII contributions/efforts? maybe some deaf spies in the world? :rifle:

Jimmie said:
I am just really curious about a couple of my own personal interests and how they relate to deaf culture/society. Does anyone know of any sort of deaf organized crime/mafia? or perhaps any infamous deaf criminals? Same goes for military type things, any deaf involved in WWII contributions/efforts? maybe some deaf spies in the world? :rifle:

I'm sure there are some... spies well.. they'd have to remain anonymous right? mafia, who knows... :)

They have some of that info at Gallaudet U. Maybe try getting in touch with the staff there or contact a Gally student you know of and get in touch with the right person to answer your questions?

Jimmie

There is a large collection of Deaf history at the Gallaudet University so you can go there to do research on those subjects that interests you most. You only can take photocopy of those items because you cannot take them out of the library.

I am sure that they have some items there.

Hmm, i recalled that Gally had a theatre play called
"DeafMafia" something like that last year or so...
But, i never got any chance to ask about whether
that theatre play were based on a true story or not ????

Perhaps someone from their Theatre department
would know something related to this.

just one - I did actually met in person. Deaf guy who is into Mafia, running the family. I never seen his "godfather".

illustrator said:
just one - I did actually met in person. Deaf guy who is into Mafia, running the family. I never seen his "godfather".

How do you know for sure if he's really into Mafia ? Some guys
"claimed" that they're into Mafia, but then later on
found out that's NOT true at all... How do you know for sure ?

Y said:
How do you know for sure if he's really into Mafia ? Some guys
"claimed" that they're into Mafia, but then later on
found out that's NOT true at all... How do you know for sure ?

Y -- u do have a valid question -- i knew a guy from my MSSD days who would claim hes involved in a mafia in his homestate :dunno: if thats true

DreamDeaf said:
Here in StL, we have a running joke...we call ourselves the Deafia!

hahah i wouldve never thought of "Deafia"!!!!

Back