Deaf Interpreter Services

CasperGemini

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm the current webmaster with Deaf Interpreter Services and I'm just doing a social media challenge, trying to get over 500 likes for our company because we are the top Interpreting Agency in San Antonio, Texas with professional and state-certified interpreters. I was hoping you can check out our facebook page and click like. If you do that, you're awesome! If not, no worries, I appreciate you taking the time to check out this post.

Have a great day!!

https://www.facebook.com/DeafInterpreter

What does the Deaf Interpreters do?

I think that is different from ASL interpreters who are all hearing. But with Deaf Interpreters who are Deaf and help someone like the blind with tactile sign language or try to follow with the ASL interpreter to a Deaf person who does not know ASL. Am I correct? :hmm:

I think in this case it was an unfortunate abbreviation of "sign language interpreters for/to the deaf".
But in Korea, there is actually a certification for deaf interpreters -separate from regular (hearing) sign language interpreters. Because they have both an old version of sign language that is mostly gestures, and a modern standardized version that most hearers are learning, the deaf interpreters sign with the seniors, and interpret that to a hearing signer, in a two-step process.
Deaf senior → deaf interpreter → hearing KSL interpreter → the hearing non-signer

Back