? Deaf in Tall. Area?

CInWhit01

Reaction score
Hi, my son is 19 and hearing impaired he just graduated from FSDB in May and is attending college in Tallahassee. He has been trying to meet other deaf and H/H people in the Tallahassee/ Panama City area with not much luck. He went to 2 small groups but was surprised there was not more people that attended.

This is the first time I have ran across this sight and found it interesting and thought maybe there might be some people from this area that he could meet, or someone might have some suggestions. Thanks!

Hello There,

Welcome to ALLDeaf and enjoy your stay here, hope your son will be able to join this too..... ;)

:wave: :welcome: to AllDeaf, CInWhite01. I hope you will have fun posting here on AllDeaf.
Good luck to your son in school, I hope he will join AllDeaf, and hopefully make friends from his area and everywhere.
Enjoy your stay!!

hi welcome aboard. as ex florida resident, i do not know much about tallahasee. i went to there once.. maybe 20 yrs ago and it was very country in my time.... so it is tough to answer your question about deaf community in semiole country.(heh go fsu). what is about panama city ? penescola ?

i know there are some strong communities in tampa bay area where i lived and west palm beach area.

Thank for your replies!

to the people whol have replied thank you for your kind words and info!

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf CInWhit01! It would be nice if your son can join AD also--perhaps checking with the local Deaf Club would be a good start to find others in his area? Anyhow, hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD! :)

Back