deaf in NY!

scoobydoo

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm new around here finally getting around to posting. I'm HOH and wear hearing aids but right now, I don't have any money for hearing aids so I'm using a loaner OTE one which helps a little bit.

I'm from NY. I have jobs here and there but it's hard to keep them due to my hearing. When I have the time, I play ice hockey. I'm a goalie and I love it. I wish I could play all the time but can't.

I found the site and wanted to join up and see what kind of stuff it has to offer. Maybe find some information on where to get hearing aids and whatnot.

Welcome. We have a lot of members in New York, so hopefully someone will be able to help you.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Your username is scoobydoo. Does the name remind me of the cartoon which it was a Great Dane name Scoobydoo? I don't watch much on it years ago. I watched the actions a little bit.

Well, I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Your username is scoobydoo. Does the name remind me of the cartoon which it was a Great Dane name Scoobydoo? I don't watch much on it years ago. I watched the actions a little bit.

Well, I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Haha, that's what my username is after. Scooby-dooby-doooooo!

Near Middletown, NY. About an hour south of Albany and 2 hours north of NYC.

Oh I just saw your post on another thread where you said Middletown. Here in NYC we call that "upstate". You get some awesome winters, I think.

Oh I just saw your post on another thread where you said Middletown. Here in NYC we call that "upstate". You get some awesome winters, I think.

Haha, upstate for me is Lake Placid! The past two winters around here have sucked pretty bad. I had to sell off my snowmobile because we hardly got any snow!

fellow NY'ers

I just moved to NY. would be considered upstate for some of you, and others not from the sound of it haha.

Im hearing but slowly getting better at ASL conversation.

If anyone is interested in signing over the net let me know. skype works the best for me.

Haha, upstate for me is Lake Placid! The past two winters around here have sucked pretty bad. I had to sell off my snowmobile because we hardly got any snow!

yea this recent winter, I am glad not to deal with snow when I have to drive in the snow. you must be the "1970s" or late 30s to 40s person due to using the username of scoobydoo??

welcome.

Hahaha noooo. I'm only 26.

goshhhh my bad. Guess you must have watched the modern scoobydoo pretty much. :giggle: My son loves watching it I used to watch the 1970 old scoobydoo tv show. Actually my son made me to watch it with my boy. Modern scoobydoo tv show is an interesting and creative...

goshhhh my bad. Guess you must have watched the modern scoobydoo pretty much. :giggle: My son loves watching it I used to watch the 1970 old scoobydoo tv show. Actually my son made me to watch it with my boy. Modern scoobydoo tv show is an interesting and creative...

I watched them all. I grew up on Scooby Doo. Occasionally I still watch it when it comes on when there's nothing else on.

Back