Deaf/HoH Jokes

DeafUK

Reaction score
Hi,

As a person born with a profound hard of hearing/deafness I find it a nice conversation breaker to make a joke when you're talking to someone new about your hearing loss/deafness. I think it shows the person/friend that you're not sensitive about it.

Also it's important I think to reflect on what otherwise could be frustrating and stressful for deaf/hoh people (communication,social anxiety) and to turn it into a positive matter/situation.

Here's mine (it's actually true):-

A few weeks ago a friend asked me if 'I wanted to choose a song' Though initially I misheard him and I thought he said instead 'Would you like a Cheese scone?'

What're yours? :)

I have a shirt that says 'of course I'm listening! Wait, what did you say?' People think it's kind of funny. I also rib people sometimes when they don't hear something and say 'wow, need to borrow a hearing aid?'

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

When announced to my friends on Facebook that I was going deaf and needed HA's, one of them posted this :-

A man goes to the Doctor "Doctor" he says ""I think I'm going deaf"
"I see" said the Doctor "What are the symptoms?"
The man said "Well, it's a show on TV with little yellow people, but I don't see what thats got to do with me"

:)

Hi,

As a person born with a profound hard of hearing/deafness I find it a nice conversation breaker to make a joke when you're talking to someone new about your hearing loss/deafness. I think it shows the person/friend that you're not sensitive about it.

Also it's important I think to reflect on what otherwise could be frustrating and stressful for deaf/hoh people (communication,social anxiety) and to turn it into a positive matter/situation.

Here's mine (it's actually true):-

A few weeks ago a friend asked me if 'I wanted to choose a song' Though initially I misheard him and I thought he said instead 'Would you like a Cheese scone?'

What're yours? :)

I agree with that, it breaks the ice.

A group of Deaf were rallying outside an NHS Office.

"WHAT DO WE WANT?"
"HEARING AIDS!"
"WHEN DO WE WANT THEM?"
"HEARING AIDS!"

Back