Deaf-hearing relationship problems

sorry to hear that.

Sounds like she has some serious personal & self-confidence issues. Quitting all the time is a sign of lack of self-discipline and emotional issues.

Let her go. Some people just don't want to be helped.

+1

Sorry to hear that.

Sounds like she has some serious personal & self-confidence issues. Quitting all the time is a sign of lack of self-discipline and emotional issues.

Let her go. Some people just don't want to be helped.

definitely.

boyfriends and girlfriends come and goes.... be glad this isn't marriage.

You'll find the right girl for you .

I don't think it matters if a person is hearing or deaf - as long as that person treats you with respect, loyalty, and uses a communication system that both of you can understand. My experience with hearing guys were usually negative because of the cultural and communication barriers. For that reason, I prefer to date (when I'm ready, and I'm not ready right now) deaf guys.

Agree. Oh, wait. That's me. Duh.

Deaf or hearing ...if the relationship is making you feel distance and you feel the sign language is not a problem. Might be something else that is causing the distance such as cultural clash. It is always hard when two people from two different sides to combine as one. But if the patience and understanding is there give it time...especially if you love each other.

If HE says there is no problem then it may lie with in yourself.. your feelings may lead you to believe there is something wrong... Tell him your feelings. and see what goes on from there...
No way! If she feel there is something wrong with the relationship then there it! A person should trust their feeling when something it not right , it sound like the guy it not willing to work on the relationship and putting the blame on her.
This kind of thing happen all the time in relationship , it take time to really know a person and some time the longer you are with someone you start to realize the person is not who you thought he/she was. I hope you'll be able to decide what is best for you , , I feel this has nothing to do with you being hearing and your boyfriend being deaf. I have seen this happen a lot with couples that are both hearing .

Stop worrying or negative about relationship with hearing!

I had experienced with hearing before.

Find out when you go ivy league and find hearing chicks, will understand how do you feel.

See why hearing interested in intelligent talking like academics and career instead of people.

Stop worrying or negative about relationship with hearing!

I had experienced with hearing before.

Find out when you go ivy league and find hearing chicks, will understand how do you feel.

See why hearing interested in intelligent talking like academics and career instead of people.

I'm sorry, but that's a totally unrealistic answer. I'm not going to even touch on the first part of your post because many of us have said that relationships between deaf and hearing are not always easy. Hence why this thread was made.

But seriously ... "find out when you go to ivy league and find hearing chicks" ?? We must go to an ivy league school to find a hearing mate? Give me a break. :roll:

I'm sorry, but that's a totally unrealistic answer. I'm not going to even touch on the first part of your post because many of us have said that relationships between deaf and hearing are not always easy. Hence why this thread was made.

But seriously ... "find out when you go to ivy league and find hearing chicks" ?? We must go to an ivy league school to find a hearing mate? Give me a break. :roll:

x2 This comment is so annoying and meaningless.

Thanks, Man. I'm trying. 10 years of road trips and other fun with her makes it hard, but there's the other side of the coin, and maybe she'll grow up someday. I always told her I didn't want "Love" to get in the way of our friendship. Maybe I should get a motorcycle!

I am not kidding

You see many hearing woman ingores deaf man?

Deaf man come to look for deaf girl at gallaudet since 2006.

How can solve problem?

I am not kidding

How can solve problem?

Is that the only reason you chose Gallaudet?

I am not kidding

How can solve problem?

Well, I guess they don't want to know you. I am sorry to burst your bubble.

it is simiple, matajan you're a fucking snob! NO BODY WANTS TO DATE ONE, AND BESIDES THE ONES WHO WILL ITS GOING DO IT FOR YOUR MONEY , NOT FOR YOU.

Is that the only reason you chose Gallaudet?

That why I saw often deaf guy tried to get deaf girl instead of hearing girl at gallaudet.

I do not think only reason I chose gallaudet.

I have chance to meet friends and get know each others for years. I could learn a lot of identity from different people.

I'm a hearing female in a relationship with a Deaf guy, we are engaged and have been dating/living together for about 5 years. We are VREY happy together, but the difference is that I am fluent in ASL and tend to hangout with more Deaf people than hearing... but I have both Deaf and hearing friends, there is a very large Deaf community where we live (Tampa is the 4th largest Deaf community in the US!). We were friends for over 3 years before we even started dating. I met him at a party (an all Deaf/ASL party back in high school). We are both very successful too. He works at dealership as a dealer & sometimes as a mechanic since he has his degree... he speaks to his customers since his voice is pretty understandable & he reads lips, even though he still prefers to sign (100%) and is fully Deaf w/o his one hearing aid, so it works out fine for him. As for me, I work part time, go to school part time, and I have a baby sign language business on the side teaching classes for local hearing and Deaf babies and their parents to sign ASL. He is a huge help for my business too, he helps with all the finances (math is "his" strong subject... not mine) and he helps draws in some customers from work and from the Deaf community for me. The only thing I don't like is that his parents automatically use me as an interpreter and at the same time they get on my case because I sign to him and don't talk, so they think I am making him lazy. So I stopped sgining when I am around his parents, if he happens to ask me what his parents are saying I will interpret for him, but I will not voice interpret for his parents anymore. It is their loss, they can be very stubborn about pro-oralism, anti-signing and anti-Deaf culture, etc.... But other than the "Deaf debate", I get along fine with his parents and family. But as for our personal relationship I think it is wonderful! We are both in L-O-V-E with eachother! Can't wait to be married to the love of my life! Thanks for reading our story!

casablanca

You fell in love with a man who is deaf because you feel bad. You have showed the love though but you see the other side of deaf man which doesn't have well enough education that makes you fee retarded to fell in love with him. Then you are not the one for him. This is not his fault. It's the school where he have been attended to and they don't provided education well enough.

I am 33 years old and I have been dated 40 hearing women in my life and been married for 10 years. I was a good dad and husband but shame on my ex wife who cheated on me for 6 months because she found her old lover from high school via facebook. Well now, I have found the true love already and it was amazing to have her in my life but still amazing every day. She have a lot of heart in me and she doesn't negative me if I don't understand the things that I haven't been educated. She is the one for me. She know the love because our communicate in the relationship went awesome. I am not rich... there were men asking her out because they got $$$$$$$ more than me. My lady rejected them and still in love with me if I have 10,000 a year income. You need to know what love is. It's really bothers when you said that deaf man is not well educated that you see the clear in other side of him. Your other part in the heart is no good. Find someone else :o

In other note... what if you are deaf and you are completed in love with him.... he left you because you are not well educated and make him feel retarded. how will you feel about it????????? that is the point.

Gidday everyone!

I created a video about relationships involving communication with deaf/hearing loss people. This is highly recommended for those hearing people to share.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waqyE751AI8&feature=plcp]Aspergers and hearing loss/deaf - YouTube[/ame]

Back