Deaf/Hearing Culture Poll Vote....

Deaf Culture tends to visit our homes without warning, to say hi?

• Yes, It is normal for Deafies tends to do that!

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No, It is not normal for Deafies to do that!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes and No, it depends on situation.

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • I dont know, I've never experienced that yet.

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C

coloravalanche

Have you all notices when Deafies tend to show up unexpected or suprised at our homes 24/7 anytime once in awhile?

And you welcome them in for chat for awhile...and it doesnt bother you if they show up to visit?

Also, Do you think Hearies tend to show up unexpected or suprised at anyone's home without calling them first?

I would like to hear your opinions about these issues. :D

I personally know that deafies tend to show up without calling...but as for hearies...some dont mind and some do mind...

I've never had that problem. In fact, here at RIT... it's the hearies that bother me most at the door than the deafies. Who are those hearies? They're door-to-door salesmen or advertisers.

I do have a few deaf friends who visit frequently, but we both know about it and it's normal for us so we're fine with it. :)

I don't mind friends making surprise visits from time to time, but there are times I wish they'd give me a heads-up that they plan to see me. For instance, one friend from KY showed up unexpectedly at my house last weekend....but I was in middle of washing my hair, lol.

It does bug me because, sometimes I am having a bad hair day, I would rather to know when they are coming than surprised me. But, I wouldn't mind if someone from out of town comes over by surprised because, That would make my day more excite. :bump:

done been there and hate it ... i have been warn them to give me a call ahead of times full period and i really don't appericate how late they come to ding dong to wake us up at late night it really irrates me big times cuz of jobs... unless there is ememgery that's different story .. so i vote no and yes just depend

My deaf friends usually call me in ahead if they wanted to stop by.

We have to understand that in the old days when there was no tty, pager, sidekick, relay, etc. The deaf people tend to stop by without letting them know because they had no way of calling them. Today is different with computers, sidekick, etc.

I am sure it does not apply to deaf people only but different cultures as well. It is not the culture, it is the person itself that decide to stop by without informing them in ahead.

i've notice that too.. but however i have my own rules.. whenever a friend wants to come over , they knew my rules is that have them e mail, call, or whatever to keep me in aware that they're comming over.. normally i hate when they show up unexpectially and i just ended up have to tell them " please keep it short i'm too busy with other stuff" or i ended up chat for long time if i had no plans for the rest of the day.

From hearing view

Hello,

Well as a hearing individual, I dont show up at peoples houses without calling them first, and my friends always call me before they stop by. That might just be something between us. But i do know family memebers often stop by without calling. But as for friends, we call each other before going over.

ASLsTuDeNt2

Back