Deaf girl shows how to motocross

Miss-Delectable

Reaction score
Watch: Deaf girl shows how to motocross

Racing motocross takes a lot physically and mentally, but there is deaf girl who races and races well.

The deaf girl Ashley Fiolek is a motocross race champion.

"I can't switch lines real quick or I could hit somebody and take them out," says Ashley.

But being deaf doesn't mean Ashley can't win.

"I think its cool to be No.1, I just try to go out and trying my best," she says.

She's doing pretty good, with a number of major sponsors on her back. Right now, Ashley is the reigning champion in the female division for motocross and third best in the world. But mostly she's a fast wheeling role model.

"I just try to be a good person off the track and on the track... I want girls to grow up and want to race," she adds

Motocross is an interest she's had since seven-year old. Now all grown-up, Ashley has gone from daddy's little girl to her dad's pro-racer who has even bigger dreams.

And one day when she's a little stronger and older, like to get in with the boys and try to qualify for a men's national.

Even though Ashley can't hear the applause, she says she's loves the competition that pushes her down the track and hopefully into another win.

Interesting that she talks and sign at the same time, I wonder if hearing people understand her pretty well.

She was on the HOVRS dream bigger advertisement.

Back