Deaf gay father fights for custody of son

downing said:
sorry I didn't post any more info.. been busy. what is TCS??

Treacher Collins Syndrome, PAY ATTENTION!!!! :pissed:

Just kidding. :P

This isn't my forum, soorry :topic:

oops sorry ... i am tired.. I handle two kids and im full time mom and have full time job. of course u never exp'd this.

sorry, i just dug info on TCS. It is interesting.. You must had it rough growing up?? I knew a guy at RIT had that similar thing. I never knew what it was and now I am more familiar. Thanks. :mrgreen:

I am going to give you one simple pop quiz question...MISS P...

Earlier in this thread you told everyone that My therapist told me today to hug everyone. is that correct?

WOULD YOU HUG A GAY PERSON?

As you know, NOT every gay parents will screw up the child's life, even straight parents screw kid's life as well just like you say your cousin told her grandmom not to come in class with rollers in her hair. SIMPLE ANSWER: everyone screw up sometimes, no one perfect. Just like YOU, YOU just got TCS and going through hard times and not have a easy life include your opinions. I have one perfect example for you Miss P.

LET PRETEND THIS by put your shoes in this child's life with tcs since you have one, and let say YOUR father have TCS with lot of love and you are closer to father more than mother but your mother is an normal person, WHO would you pick as IF they let you choose your parents to live with. IF they dont give you choices and they decide to put you in with an parents you dont really want to live with, what will you do?

psst oceanbreeze you spell asurd ->it should be absurd

Mod Note:

Thread under review--off-topic posts may be removed--

~RR

Updated Mod Note:

Thread's re-open for more postings...please stick to the topic for which the thread is related to--

Thank you!

~RR

(P.S. some posts were removed, if any questions, do not hesitate to ask me or any other mods, Alex--)

Last edited:
^Angel^ said:
:::sigh sadly:::

The truth is, it should be looked at what is best for the child than looking at what his parent's sexually relationship may be with whom or what...It the child we're talking about here not the parents, and the most important thing is to make the child happy...

If the judge had asked the child's opinion on whether he would want to live with his father or his mother, then it wouldn't had been this hard on both parties or on the child himself....But unfortunately the judge looked at it as a gay father raising this child with another man living in the same householder, the judge sure didn't look at it as the child well being, or the child's wishes but more looking at it by the father happen to be gay....

I think this is totally unfair, it should be more looked at what is best for the child and we will never know if this is what the child really wanted....What happened to the child's right? or their opinion in this? aren't they allow to speak up since it's all about the child's happiness!!

Exactly..

I´m surprised that you and I have same opinions in every posts... :shock: wow!

^Angel^ said:
In most cases yes, it is hard for a child to pick which ones they want to live with since they do want their parents together, but in some cases, there may be somewhat a situation where a child see there's no way two parents can live together, such as being in an abusive home etc....and that would be more easier on the child to choose which parent he/she rather to live with....

I believe a child who is above the age of 10 can have an opinion on who the child may want to live with....The judge don't know what going on behind the closed doors either any of us do, so the only way to solved this type of situation or batter in court is to have the child involved to keep both the parents and the child happy in a home where ever the child may choose to live with...It doesn't mean the child will not see the other parent but to visit as much as the child would want to.....Just to keep both family together for the child's sake...

A couple, I know very well has a 7 years old child. He has a feeling and want to live with his father instead of mother. They respect their child´s wish instead of battle at court over child custody because they know it´s waste of money to battle in the court. They both have 50/50 child custody and the court told them to make an arrange themselves when they have their child during vacation, weekends, etc. etc. etc. Why the court let them decide because they didn´t apply for child custody and battle, etc. etc..... All what they applied for divorce and child custody agreement which it´s less and cheap fee. They have no problems for 10 years now. Up to their child either he want to visit his mother often as he can. I like them for that because they consider their child´s feeling. Father don´t mind to bring his son to mother often as he want to see her but father explained him that it´s weekends are okay for him visit his mother during school time. School vacation is a different story.

To me, I think it´s selfish of parents to battle over child custody without think how the child feeling.

My opinion: the age of children make no difference except baby to toddler.

Oh that's great, I haven't heard of a case where a 7 years old could choose which one he/she rather to live with...I was more of pointing out the age I believe the judge should allow for a child's opinion in this....but in that case, 7 years old seem a bit old enough to have an opinion...

Some judges rather to keep children out of this, and not let them be put in the middle between the two parents

^Angel^ said:
Oh that's great, I haven't heard of a case where a 7 years old could choose which one he/she rather to live with...I was more of pointing out the age I believe the judge should allow for a child's opinion in this....but in that case, 7 years old seem a bit old enough to have an opinion...

Some judges rather to keep children out of this, and not let them be put in the middle between the two parents

Yes, 7 years old has the feeling...

The parents thought their 7 years old would stay at mother´s automaic... until he noticed that his father is not around anymore... he asked mother where is Daddy. He´s upset that Dad is not live with them anymore...

Dad come to visit to see them regular... until a boy tell mother that he want to live with Dad...... It hurt mother bit... but she has to accept and thought his son would change his mind again then go back to her... but it´s not... It´s 10 years now he still live with his father. He visited to see his mother often as he can and also stay with her during school vacation. Their condtion wake me up and consdier my children.... Yes, they have feeling.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
Mother should always get custody.

The gay father needs to back off and stop trying to get sympathy
and get a job and pay child support.

You know it's hard to imagine that some people out there don't really understand how gay people wants to have children of their own....... Gay fathers are working ...... so Judge should ask the son who he feels comfortable living with...... his mom or his father....... it ALL depends on the son's decision...... That's for all I can say about it...... I don't want to sound so prudent about it..... It just that where do kids feel comfortable and security by who to live with....... I don't know how many people would agree with what I say about this whole incident..... but I think that the judge should ask the son....... I just want to be open about this...... I'm sorry if I have to correct the way you feel...... Miss Pinnochio

:sadwave: Sue B.....

Back