Deaf FRIENDLY computer games?

FishWrangler

Reaction score
Thought I'd ask this because I noticed Duke Nukem Forever had a subtitles option in settings making it much more enjoyable where Grand Theft Auto Vice City didn't....

All the Assassin's Creed games and Dragon Age: Orgins have subtitles. I don't believe it's that uncommon any more.

Huh. I thought it did. I was playing it last week, but then swapped to Brotherhood later in the week, maybe got the two confused.

Huh. I thought it did. I was playing it last week, but then swapped to Brotherhood later in the week, maybe got the two confused.

The subtitle support was started in Assassin's Creed 2.

Thought I'd ask this because I noticed Duke Nukem Forever had a subtitles option in settings making it much more enjoyable where Grand Theft Auto Vice City didn't....
You sure? I thought it did?

You have to turn it on under settings.

Gaming is one of my hobbies, and I just hate it when a supposedly good game has no subtitles. Of course, things like the original DOOM games didn't need it, really, but nowadays game characters speak.

Also, I find few games that I consider adequately subtitled. In most games I can hear voices for which there are no subtitles. I don't know what the voices are saying, but I can hear them. This is very annoying.

One game that is excellently subtitled is Portal (and Portal 2). Not only are the subtitles very inclusive, but Portal 2 is simply a great game with an amusing nemesis.

Gaming is one of my hobbies, and I just hate it when a supposedly good game has no subtitles. Of course, things like the original DOOM games didn't need it, really, but nowadays game characters speak.

Also, I find few games that I consider adequately subtitled. In most games I can hear voices for which there are no subtitles. I don't know what the voices are saying, but I can hear them. This is very annoying.

One game that is excellently subtitled is Portal (and Portal 2). Not only are the subtitles very inclusive, but Portal 2 is simply a great game with an amusing nemesis.

Thanks to Steam, The Steam made Portal 1 and Portal 2.

Skyrim's not bad. It's missing some audio cues in the subtitles, though.

Same thing in Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Mines give a beep sound before goes boom. I have keep my eyes peeled for hidden mines. :S

Be cautious with purchasing the old games on Steam. Some have NO subtitles at all. Splinter Cell is good example. I bought it as part of Splinter Cell pack along with sequels.

I don't play it anymore, but when I did, World of Warcraft was very deaf friendly. I didn't even bother to put my implants on to play it most of the time. Everything important was either written out or had a visual cue.

This is great information, will keep all these games in mind. I did buy all the different GTA games and will install them to see if they have subtitles or not.

Back