Deaf Freemasons?

DeafBadger

Ad Astra Per Aspera
Premium Member
Reaction score
Decades ago, my grandfather (RIP) was a Mason. Freemasonry is a civic-minded organization that does a lot of volunteering and projects for the community to help people out. They also have a code of ethics and behavior for its members. They will expel people who don't live up to the code.

I'm curious though, are there Deaf Freemasons or Lodges made up entirely of Deaf members? Where are they located?

(Note: I'm not interested in discussing conspiracy nonsense. What I've read from Masonic sites is that they are a civic-minded group that has the aim of helping their community. That is also what my grandfather did when he was involved.)

my mate's father is a devoted member of the Freemasons, he's right into it...old about 80years old looks 65 , is hearing impaired. I doubt there's a Deaf version of it, but hope someone says otherwise. I like the idea of Freemasons too its a sort of secret society, it receives less publicity than likes of Lion groups, etc. and some people misconceives freemason as an anti-christ (devil worship group lol), its bad same way Pagans are treated badly too each to their own.

they even believes in SETI, Aliens, Mayans, etc but not like 'we're gonna die now' and all that stupid shit...just a form of realists view, like 'of course we cant be the only ones'...line of though, honesty I dont know anything else, in fact i know little or nothing about the Freemasons, but all i can say, they're ok in my books...and good luck to find a group near you and if you do, hope you'd enjoy it.

i sure there is if they got money a buissnes or can help other busness people....deaf people just as capable of odd handshake and flashing what ever they flash at lodge meeting....only people with freemason problems are catholics and these days most catholics like myself are honest about hypocrit behaviour and no give a sh1t

my mate's father is a devoted member of the Freemasons, he's right into it...old about 80years old looks 65 , is hearing impaired. I doubt there's a Deaf version of it, but hope someone says otherwise. I like the idea of Freemasons too its a sort of secret society, it receives less publicity than likes of Lion groups, etc. and some people misconceives freemason as an anti-christ (devil worship group lol), its bad same way Pagans are treated badly too each to their own.

It's definitely not a religion of its own. The symbolism is used to reinforce their teachings of brotherhood and aid to others. Most members in the US are Christians.

they even believes in SETI, Aliens, Mayans, etc but not like 'we're gonna die now' and all that stupid shit...just a form of realists view, like 'of course we cant be the only ones'...line of though, honesty I dont know anything else, in fact i know little or nothing about the Freemasons, but all i can say, they're ok in my books...and good luck to find a group near you and if you do, hope you'd enjoy it.

I haven't read anything on official Mason sites about SETI, Aliens, Mayans or whatever.

Apparently, a key thing is to preserve the values of the Enlightenment, and accept people of whatever faith background, as long as they profess belief in a "higher power". Can't even discuss ones own religion (whatever it may or may not be) at Freemason functions. It's very interesting.

They also have Catholic members. Apparently, that's no longer an issue for the Church. They have members of many other religions, too.

They also have some history with secularism, albeit in Europe: http://www.logehiram.org.uk/conf/confMay2009-eng/tyssens.pdf

Definitely interesting. I'd probably have to reside in a large city to find a lodge that is a good fit for me. It would be really interesting to revive Deaf Freemasonry.

Back