Deaf Freedom: add $20 charge for Goverment

TFWFalcon

Reaction score
Got email today talk about add 20 dollars charge for Government. It is not clear what is Government for?. Travel company cannot afford pay 80,000 dollars to Government. Around 4000 passengers divide 80,000 equal 20 dollars extra charge. Who already paid in full in 2006. Anyone got similar email?.

I never got any email, must be go to my spam mail automatically :dunno:

If it's email, it's probably a hoax. :roll:
its not a hoax.. i got that too.. its for passage deaf travel people who are going on a cruise.. since the governemt port tax increased and it is subject to change so we all cruise people have to pay an extra $20 for the goverment tax increase.

That's why I'm happy I do this on my own than with a bunch of deaf planners spreading malicious stuff abouit trips.

Richard

its not a hoax.. i got that too.. its for passage deaf travel people who are going on a cruise.. since the governemt port tax increased and it is subject to change so we all cruise people have to pay an extra $20 for the goverment tax increase.

That's huge one I have ever seen. The average increase is around 3.00 to 7.00. But 20? I have incoming fax daily from RCCI and I don't see any annoucement for increase tax, unless specifically reason to increase.

yes got info about this one..

Pretty stupid..
asking more more more more for $$$$$

wtf?

same thing goes for preggy policy.. why last minutes info everyone email today??
Passage Deaf Travel should know better than that Must let them everyone early before adversting their policy travel and etc etc... until last minute today..
Before you buy the ticket or deposit the ticket.. *doofus Passage Deaf Travel*
Imo: Passage Deaf Travel is New company from couple years ago..

WTF?

I feel that Passage Deaf Professional are not proprite oranginzed!

Interesting... :hmm:

I would not pay $20 extra when I were you all.

Why? Because the price was already fixed before I agree to sign the contract. They change their mind and ask us for $20 extra later... Too late... they should tell us before we sign the contract...

I would advise you to check with lawyer over legal way, contract...

P.S. GA, I would advise you to see lawyer.... You will get a very good chance if you have contract and proofs.

Maybe they forgot the same fee the government charges for airfares for terrorism protection???

Maybe they forgot the same fee the government charges for airfares for terrorism protection???

Yes, it could be true but they should prepare taxes, etc to fix the price on the contract carefully. It's too late if they forget or add extra... Fix price is Fix price - contract is contract, period.

No. If it's for airlines.. i read those fees.

U.S. Domestic Segment Tax - $3.40 per flight segment, per passenger. A segment is defined as one takeoff and landing.
U.S. Security - September 11th Security Fee - $2.50 per flight segment. A segment is defined as one takeoff and landing.
Passenger Facility Charges (PFCs) - Local airports assess Passenger Facility Charges of $3 to $18 per passenger. This amount varies by airport.
Alaska/Hawaii - $7.30 per flight segment, per passenger on certain segments beginning or ending in Alaska or Hawaii.

Back