deaf driving school?

Do you think each states should setup an deaf driver school?

• Total voters

macawsdeaf

Reaction score
Should each states set up an Deaf driver's school? What do think if it is good idea?

I think a driving school for blondes only would be better! :P

I dont know cuz I took my driving test at the MVA. Failed the first time cuz I turned to look at the lady to try to catch what she was saying and I missed the stop sign so I drove right thru it. LOL! Passed the 2nd time cuz I refuse to look at the instructor...just pretended I knew what she were saying but kept my eyes on the road.

U mean a deaf driving school with instructors that can sign? I think the deaf schools offer those?

I had driving school in high school with interprter. 4 months course. Got mine DL at 16 and barely pass!!! 76... near failing!!!

Yeah. But I think all state deaf schools has the drive ed for the summer or something like that.

I took a drive ed class with full of hearing students and one interpreter when I was in 9th grade. Though out with a few problems and passed.

deaf driving school.

I took it twice in high school. One time I failed. Then I took it again then I passed but nearing failing but I made it alright. I never got to point where I need to get my license.

Well I vote "yes", not for the driving class specifically for deafies, I do not think it was necessary, but the reason why I vote yes is because I believe every deafies who tried to learn how to drive and passing the test SHOULD HAVE THE INTERPRETER!!! That is why I vote yes. But a class just for deaf is not really necessary but would be nice if have one.

I voted 'No' because there should not be a seperation based on hearing level. If that were to get started then it would open the door for some well meaning politician to push for regulations and limitations on the D/deaf and their right to drive once a license has been obtained. I believe that fight has already been fought - no reason to go backward.

I do think, however, that for the classroom part - the laws 'no person shall...' - it would go a lot faster and be a lot more enjoyable if the whole group were deaf. No reason to stop and interpreters to catch up, etc.

:)

Me vote No because Don't matter!

In High School with Mainstream...

I did take the Drive Ed class with Interpret! :):)

23 years drive Lic. :eek:

I voted yes because it will benefit for deafies to learn how to drive independable themselves rather depending on other's for a ride and etc....

I did taking driver's ed with my teacher for hearing impaired without an interpreter and passed!!!!! And i got my first License was about either 16 or 17 yrs old that time.... But at the first test in driver's ed classroom was failed cuz i was caught cheating LOL but second test i passed without having cheating! oh well.... lmao

I got one on my own at age 16. But failed the first time, so I went to the library on the same day to find the answers that I memorized of FAQs on the computer at the test place. Then I came back the next day and got them mostly passed! That way I can't get caught in cheating, well short of. Lol. That was long time ago.

I voted yes, That is a good idea deaf driver instructiors to teach to deaf driver students to learn how to drive and classes that would be better understanding about this but deaf driver students should go to gov't test ( MVA) with interpreters would be ok. imo it would be fair.

I voted yes, That is a good idea deaf driver instructiors to teach to deaf driver students to learn how to drive and classes that would be better understanding about this but deaf driver students should go to gov't test ( MVA) with interpreters would be ok. imo it would be fair.

huh i think it s no difference whether it is hearing or deaf instructor as long a deaf students understand that all signs or rules apply to all whether one deaf or not.

I dont know cuz I took my driving test at the MVA. Failed the first time cuz I turned to look at the lady to try to catch what she was saying and I missed the stop sign so I drove right thru it. LOL! Passed the 2nd time cuz I refuse to look at the instructor...just pretended I knew what she were saying but kept my eyes on the road.

U mean a deaf driving school with instructors that can sign? I think the deaf schools offer those?

Don't know about all deaf schools, but my son's did. Thank god....I didn't have to have a nervous breakdown trying to teach him!

Back