Deaf doesnt have to finger spell names

spainmale

Reaction score
I notice when deaf peeps always say "hey" and they dont have to finger spell of names.. I am aware that they are getting their attention. Have u seen "hey" or tap shoulder..

Understand that deaf community is very small thus you dont have to say your name over again and again.

Once you remember his/her name, you re more likely to know his/her name forever if youre deaf.

Also deaf pp rely on their eyes more than hearing thus deaf tend to be very good with memorizing others' face more or less.

What are you posting this thread for?

orly_indian.jpg

hello is hello. Once a person knows someone's name, they don't have to re-sign it every time.

Okay, that is the scariest O RLY? I've ever seen. What happened to the owls??

Cute, is that a lemur of some kind?

I have a tattoo of an owl on my ankle. Maybe I should add an "O RLY?" speech bubble to it.

u re right because conventily i tend to end up spelling "screw u" and they always end up nodding and say "cool" jeez it was funny

When you are at a deaf culture event and you meet people is it polite to tell them your name?

When you are at a deaf culture event and you meet people is it polite to tell them your name?

Well yea...same thing goes for in hearing culture. Let's say u meet another person at the store and u engage in interesting conversation..eventually, introductions are in order.

Same thing goes for deaf people or in deaf culture. Of course, we would want to know your name after chatting with u. However, dont go around interrupting people's conversations to say "Hi, my name is ...."

Back