Deaf Culture

IcedTeaRulz

Reaction score
My friend send e-mailed me. It is true!

Ha ha ha that is sooooo true about us deafies won't leave. Sometimes we'd chat and chat all night long without realizing the time has gone by. That's part of :deaf:world.

Thank you, IcedTea, for sharing that with us :)

Oh My, Ha Ha, That is a good one. It's so true that we all do that most of the time. I'd be the same way with other deafies chatting the night away and not realizing how the time has passed away.

Once I was at Applebee's with a group of my friends and we would be chatting like crazy as usual. They were closing down and the waitress politely came up to me and said "Ma'am It's closing time now" I was like, Oh oops :Oops:

IcedTeaRulz said:
Hahaha! Deaf people love chatttinnggggg!!!!! Like me! :giggle:

:giggle: I'm the same way too, It just depends but most of the time I just like to chit-chat.

Yep!

They should learn next time to turn to switch the light on/off to let them know its time to leave!! hee hee.

Tamara said:
Yep!

They should learn next time to turn to switch the light on/off to let them know its time to leave!! hee hee.

They did to my friends and I. We were chatting then all sudden-- PITCH BLACK.
We rolled our eyes and sighed but we were able to find our way out by using the outside lights to find the doors. Stupid-asses! LOL But we cannot blame them... they probably wanted to go home!

:) Now we usually leave "on time" but still linger around outside of the place and the workers :squint: at us because it is almost like loitering at their places but really we were paid customers who just say goodbye and whatnot even tho it will take us two hours to say goodbye!! :angel:

At a deaf party, I always ask my husband: "You really want to leave now at 8?? Then we better start to say goodbye so we can leave at 9 !!" I usually do well on my part-- cutting people short and just say bye-- simple! But my husband is BAD at it-- yet he was the one who WANTED TO LEAVE! I had to pull him out of entrapping goodbye conversation! And then I looked like I was the bad guy... :squint:

Back