Deaf Community in Jacksonville Florida

decca_marie

Reaction score
Hey I'm an ASL student and I've been really interested in attending some deaf events, like Deaf Coffee Chat, but, I cannot find anything in town and I was wondering how large the deaf community is here? Are there any events going on in Jacksonville?

I know there is FSDB in St.Augustine but it is hard for me to commute from where I live to St.Augustine, and i am unaware of any events happening there.

help please :)

Hey I'm an ASL student and I've been really interested in attending some deaf events, like Deaf Coffee Chat, but, I cannot find anything in town and I was wondering how large the deaf community is here? Are there any events going on in Jacksonville?

I know there is FSDB in St.Augustine but it is hard for me to commute from where I live to St.Augustine, and i am unaware of any events happening there.

help please :)

Hi decca_marie,

There is more updated information (esp on third page) where deaf community gather at: http://www.alldeaf.com/deaf-events-meets/5172-florida-deaf-community.html

Also there is DPHH events going on in the NE FL area (Jax and St. Aug) once every month at: NEFDPHH

There is ASL Expo in Orlando on Sept. 13th (Sat.) and DPHH event on the International Drive on Friday night (before ASL Expo) on the same weekend. So a lot of deafies will be there... some hearies attend there as well.

Good luck at finding us there! :)

Back