Deaf college in Texas

not me sowwy bbnt -- ive heard of it yes but dont know their educational reputation or if theyre accredited :dunno:

Yes I know that college near SWCID.. there is few deafies go to Howard College for some major they had. SWCID has some major that not have it there so go there for it. Why?? My friends went there and I once visit there.... It is sooo DRY and just sand on the ground. :D

MizzDeaf -- yes thats what i heard that the SWCID campus is right in the desert

I have visited SWCID with a friend who was enrolling there 4 years ago. It was 258 college I have visited. I would guess it to be called "RIT Lite" cuz its almost like RIT but mostly vocational and basic college stuff being taught there.

Originally posted by SilenceGold
Yes, few kids from ASD went there. Party college as they used to call it.

:werd: I agree with ya it was a party skool.

A guy from ASD that I met at SWCID I introduced him to my friend who was enrolling at the college and both ended up having a long term relationship

Yes- I had a person that came to a place where I was.. talking about SWCID.. it offers vocational, basic things.. like some help in math, reading.. etc.. and to gain enough credits to be accepted to a better college.. its not really the type of college i'd go to in my opinion. i've heard a lot of bad things about it.

Originally posted by Amby
Yes- I had a person that came to a place where I was.. talking about SWCID.. it offers vocational, basic things.. like some help in math, reading.. etc.. and to gain enough credits to be accepted to a better college.. its not really the type of college i'd go to in my opinion. i've heard a lot of bad things about it.

would you please explain what kind of bad things you heard?

i dont know about that but i think my friend doug or dong live in tx and maybe he does go or not i dont know he is member of this ad too but i forget names oh well..... i will asking my friend about that one

Bad things i heard- like for example.. its more of like a party town, and i believe it still is in most places in that college... more people just think that its just easy to get in.. and just slack off since ur already in that college.. the truth is, no one really works that hard in that college.. id prefer whoever thought of SWCID would go to a different college- like Gallaudet or NTID or whatever it is. The only good thing is, if ur really focused, it would help you raise ur grades in these areas and let u go to a better college of your choice.

I can help you... I used to live in Midland, TX which is about 35 miles away from Big Spring where SWCID is at.

For several reason, I don't wish to enroll at SWCID in the first place.

• The dorms stink, of course, new building, but not comfortable.
• Water isn't great, mostly salty taste
• the campus is next to the airplane which these SWCID's building actually use place for small airplance commerical.
• limite course offer for skills but there are more course offer in Howard College with interpreter accompany with you, like you know.
• many fellows who live north may not comfortable with Big Spring because of dry and hot. Well, there have few snow in Winter. :roll: Wow, I won't forget about Winter 2000, it was bigger winter breeze ever!
• there is a nice park where you could fishing and hiking, excellent party, of course.
• most deafs from SWCID usually go on the bar club at Odessa which is 55 miles west. Becayse Odessa have best bar club in West.

Does it help you? Need more questions? Let me know! :D

Originally posted by SNOWJACKASS
i dont know about that but i think my friend doug or dong live in tx and maybe he does go or not i dont know he is member of this ad too but i forget names oh well..... i will asking my friend about that one

No, Dong never go to SWICD. And yes, he use to be a member of AD v.1, but not anymore. :D

Texas State Techincal College had also part of deaf program here near big Spring, i mean in WACO tho its near there......

Originally posted by Grumpy Kiki
Texas State Techincal College had also part of deaf program here near big Spring, i mean in WACO tho its near there......

Fuck no! It don't count thru since, it don't have it own campus for deaf. :roll:

SWICD is ONLY one deaf college in the west!

I demand to have deaf college in west, damnit! It would be nice to have one in CA or somewhere in nice heat area than rather have two bigger older colder school in far northeast. :ugh:

where Big Spring, Texas is ? Is not it nearby Huston or Austin?

How many deaf/HOH students enroll that campus so far?

Originally posted by Sabrina
where Big Spring, Texas is ? Is not it nearby Huston or Austin?

How many deaf/HOH students enroll that campus so far?

Big Spring is far west Texas near Midland and Lubbock. Still too far away from both Houston and Austin.

Not sure about how many students enrolled. All I remmy old times like 1990's. Not sure about 2000's. Time changes.

Back