Deaf Club in Pittsburgh, PA?

lisahaulmark

Reaction score
Hello,everyone.

We are from Arkansas. My husband and I are planning to move to Pittsburgh, PA pretty soon due to his job relocation. We was wondering, is there a Deaf club in Pittsburgh, PA?

I tried googling and couldn't find if there is any deaf club(s) or events in Pittsburgh, PA.

I appreciate your help.

I don't believe that there are any... Pittsburgh is quite a few hours from me, I'm in Delaware County, PA (close to the Delaware State line) and I have trouble finding anything near me.

Hello,everyone.

We are from Arkansas. My husband and I are planning to move to Pittsburgh, PA pretty soon due to his job relocation. We was wondering, is there a Deaf club in Pittsburgh, PA?

I tried googling and couldn't find if there is any deaf club(s) or events in Pittsburgh, PA.

I appreciate your help.

Welcome to Pittsburgh, PA. I will be flying down there to see my mother in law Dec 28th to Jan 1st.

Here is information:

Pittsburgh Association of the Deaf » Links

Hope, this information is helpful for your resources. I know few of my Deaf friends live in Pittsburgh, I can ask them to guide you into Deaf Community events.

Kalista

Hi, when are you planing on relocating to Pgh. I have many deaf friends in Pgh Pa, and I am one of the deaf person.

I just got together with 8 of my deaf friends last night, there is a deaf club. I need to find that for you and once I do, I will post the link for you.

Pgh is a wonderful state to be in, I will be moving back to Pgh this year as well. I only live an hour or so from Pgh.

Im from Latrobe Pa

I been looking for deaf club in the area. I was told there one in Johnstown, Pa and other one in Pittsburgh. I live an hour between those two places.

I am deaf, I used to have deaf friends but since everyone moved away and hard to find deaf friends in the area now days. I had joined many deaf dating site or deaf personals site to meet new deaf people.

So far I have no luck. So anyone could help me out here that would be great!

My OVR couselor told me I should find a deaf club and meet with other people.

Thanks

Nick

There is one in Pgh, I believe on Forbes ave uptown, near Oakland.

Its PAD, I went there once and it turned me off, and I do not know if today is better than 25 years ago.

Edit: I just visit that website, gee! Building looks the same as when I last saw it 25 years ago. And yep, it is on Forbes Ave.

I don't believe that there are any... Pittsburgh is quite a few hours from me, I'm in Delaware County, PA (close to the Delaware State line) and I have trouble finding anything near me.

I been looking for deaf club in the area. I was told there one in Johnstown, Pa and other one in Pittsburgh. I live an hour between those two places.

I am deaf, I used to have deaf friends but since everyone moved away and hard to find deaf friends in the area now days. I had joined many deaf dating site or deaf personals site to meet new deaf people.

So far I have no luck. So anyone could help me out here that would be great!

My OVR couselor told me I should find a deaf club and meet with other people.

Thanks

Nick

Nick,
I'm in Jeannette, and we've been frustrated by things around here, also. It seems like most of the emphasis in Pittsburgh has been on implants and such; we couldn't find anything about a deaf coffee or anything like that. I'd love to get together, perhaps in Greensburg, and start a club out this way.

Back