Deaf City, how to improve concept?

Is deaf mortgage exaggerating my purposal? Hahahaha.

Dudes and Dudettes, fuck the ratio.

It's the weather. Where is the awesome weather? The Golden State, enough said. Let's establish one in Orange County or LA or SD. Perhaps Sacramento would work.

That is more complex than my question required. I was only asking if it was better to have a higher ratio or lower based on the comments you made. I read what you said

Its better to look at % ratio accord to population. Deaf town will be better in higher ratio than those in lower ratio.

I was asking for clearification on that statement. I think you are saying it's better to have a higher % of deaf in a given population.

Is deaf mortgage exaggerating my purposal? Hahahaha.

Dudes and Dudettes, fuck the ratio.

It's the weather. Where is the awesome weather? The Golden State, enough said. Let's establish one in Orange County or LA or SD. Perhaps Sacramento would work.
And there you have it ladies and gentlemen. The only criteria is if there is some awsome bitchin weather. Right on IDSW!

Sorry ... just to lazy to type it out I guess. Or maybe it's a good thing. From the IDSW institute it's been determined that the best place for a deaf city is where the weather is bitchin....:rofl:

Looking at the list, I'm rather surprised that Maryland has the lowest ratio?

Between Baltimore and Washington, there is a higher ratio of Deaf than anywhere in the world (obviously because of Gallaudet and federal employment).

They'd tried to start up Wyndholme Village here (a deaf retirement community) but that fell apart fast.

It would be cool to establish a deaf city but it indeed is very tough due to lack of money, probably the top reason. (jobs, wealth, etc amongst the deafies/hoh)

If one happens, it need to be considered including jobs, wealth, weather, deaf resources/events, and especially deaf-friendly location.

Not enough rich deaf people, obviously so that is another issue I would say.

But will it (deaf city) happen, I doubt so too. Who knows.

Like someone said that it's much easier to establish a deaf community instead of a deaf city, true so. There are few places where deaf communities grew. (Austin, Indy, DC-MD, etc)(St. Augustine-Jax quite bit)

I prefer Deaf town/city than Deaf community because the hearing people are going to run the town where the connunity is and they might ignore the Deaf needs. That is why the town/city is necessary so the Deaf officals can focus on Deaf needs. Simple.

Back