Deaf Boyfriend versus Hearing Boyfriend...

OrangeOreo

Reaction score
I'm deaf and gay (obiviously!) and I had a deaf boyfriend and a hearing boyfriend before. But, I have been wondering lately about which world to have a relationship with - deaf guy or hearing guy? I always feel like it's hard for my hearing ex to understand where I came from (i.e. deaf culture, etc) but there was a great chemistry while I feel opposite with my deaf ex. He understand where I came from, but lack of 'fire' chemistry.

And, it's easier to keep the personal life private if I was w/ a hearing guy. W/ a deaf guy, the personal life isn't private. Y'all know how deaf community can be!

I have always wanted to date a CODA guy someday! 2 worlds in one :-p

So, which is better to date? Hearing or Deaf?

either one. whoever clicks with you better. good luck! :cool2:

Neither is better. If you meet a great guy, it won't matter if he's Deaf, hearing, CODA, Deafblind...etc.

Neither is better. If you meet a great guy, it won't matter if he's Deaf, hearing, CODA, Deafblind...etc.

exactly. i've dated my fair share of blind and sighted-hearing people alike. they were all different personality wise in their own way. i'm now dating a wonderful hearing-sighted man who i've been seeing for the past 2 years. having said that, i used to date a wonderful totally blind man, but our relationship ended because he started thinking about his ex-girlfriend and couldn't stop so we both agreed that it would be best if we parted ways (even though we still continue to be very good friends).

I'm deaf and gay (obiviously!) and I had a deaf boyfriend and a hearing boyfriend before. But, I have been wondering lately about which world to have a relationship with - deaf guy or hearing guy? I always feel like it's hard for my hearing ex to understand where I came from (i.e. deaf culture, etc) but there was a great chemistry while I feel opposite with my deaf ex. He understand where I came from, but lack of 'fire' chemistry.

And, it's easier to keep the personal life private if I was w/ a hearing guy. W/ a deaf guy, the personal life isn't private. Y'all know how deaf community can be!

I have always wanted to date a CODA guy someday! 2 worlds in one :-p

So, which is better to date? Hearing or Deaf?

In my experience, hearies are better. I am an oral deaf guy so I can speak with my voice. Therefore, it's easier for me and the hearie guy to understand each other with little to no problems.

I agree with you about the chemistry level that hearies have there (Mmmmmmm! *wink*), while deafies just "fell flat."

I agree wholeheartedly with you about the level of discreetness that hearies and deafies have. That was a lesson I managed to learn the hard way. Deafies just blab, blab, blab their big mouths off with no regard to others' wishes.

That's part of why I avoided the deaf community during my college years from 2004 to 2009, and mainly why I created an entirely separate Facebook account exclusively for deafies. I have 414 on the hearie side and 126 on the deafie side. If I haven't had bad experiences at the deaf school to begin with, then the total of friends on Facebook would've been 540.

About CODAs, good luck on that! Finding a gay hearing CODA has extremely TINY potential of success. I'm just saying that based on MY own experience.

I recommend that you should have a relationship with a hearie guy. If he knows that he'd have to learn a new language and he stays committed to it, then congratulations - that guy is for you.

SnAzZyStyLe2002!

Sweep me up in your arms! :-p but I guess I didn't pass your test since I'm deaf :-p

But, that was a great input! Thanks, SnAzZyStyLe2002 :) would like to talk to you more about your experience if possible?

SnAzZyStyLe2002!

Sweep me up in your arms! :-p but I guess I didn't pass your test since I'm deaf :-p

But, that was a great input! Thanks, SnAzZyStyLe2002 :) would like to talk to you more about your experience if possible?

Sure thing - I'd private-message you, but it appears that your PM is disabled.

I'd like to give you my AIM name though.

I just sent ya a message but I dunno if it gets through? How do I turn my PM on? I can't figure it out.

I just sent ya a message but I dunno if it gets through? How do I turn my PM on? I can't figure it out.

You gotta wait until your posts are over 100. When that happens, you will be able to PM. Sorry, buddy!

Oh boy, I guess I'll just shoot myself in foot.... Only for Snazzy.

Here's my aim screen name: xbroncos7x

Im not gonna post 50 messages in order to get PM work! :-p

Feel free to hit me up tho. It'd be nice to make new friends!

In my experience, hearies are better. I am an oral deaf guy so I can speak with my voice. Therefore, it's easier for me and the hearie guy to understand each other with little to no problems.

I agree with you about the chemistry level that hearies have there (Mmmmmmm! *wink*), while deafies just "fell flat."

I agree wholeheartedly with you about the level of discreetness that hearies and deafies have. That was a lesson I managed to learn the hard way. Deafies just blab, blab, blab their big mouths off with no regard to others' wishes.

That's part of why I avoided the deaf community during my college years from 2004 to 2009, and mainly why I created an entirely separate Facebook account exclusively for deafies. I have 414 on the hearie side and 126 on the deafie side. If I haven't had bad experiences at the deaf school to begin with, then the total of friends on Facebook would've been 540.

About CODAs, good luck on that! Finding a gay hearing CODA has extremely TINY potential of success. I'm just saying that based on MY own experience.

I recommend that you should have a relationship with a hearie guy. If he knows that he'd have to learn a new language and he stays committed to it, then congratulations - that guy is for you.

Question: since the hearing guy understands you, can you understand the hearing guy?

Secondly--I recommend that you have a relationship with a guy that treats you with love and respect--deaf or hearing.

Back