Deaf Awareness Poster

Reece

Reaction score
Hi, guys!

I'm creating a Deaf awareness poster as part of a project I'm doing at college. Can anyone give me some points I can add to the poster about what to do when communicating with a Deaf person?

I've had a look around the internet for some suggestions but there maybe some good points on this forum I can add.

Thank you! :lol:

I do! :lol: (I have one on my new car because it has a remote starter in it. But it's just a tiny antenna.)

what do you mean by communicating with Deaf people?

I've told my friends a few pointers about not shouting, etc. if they ever need to converse with a Deaf person and there are a few pointers I have already added.

However, are there any suggestions that you could think of that need to be made more aware to others?

I'm hoping I can get the feedback and use it also in Deaf Awareness Week in May. I know it's quite a long way-away but it's good to add the most important information and share it with those who need to be more Deaf aware.

Thanks for responding! :giggle:

It depends on individual deaf people's experience that can be bad or good based on their upbringing.

Just tell them not to act like they have seen Deer in the headlights then they are around ASL users or HOH or deaf oral people. :)

I see. I'll remember that.

And absolutely, I've helped my friends over the past few weeks become more Deaf aware and they love learning new signs and new aspects about Deaf culture -- it's amazing to see.

They should try to use facial expressions and gestures while talking with deaf people that does not have any hearing.

Back