Deaf and Hearing Relationships

relationship crisis!

backerman said:
Well, I'm deaf and I am married to a hearing woman. Lucky me, she's pretty good at sign and also teacher at the deaf school. My relationship with her pretty good and we've been together for 6 years. I have no problem so far and pretty much happy.

I wouldn't date a hearing woman if she doesn't know how to sign but lucky me I have one that know how to sign pretty well. I don't see any problem between deaf and hearing, as long they're trust and honest each other.

im 20 yrs old and i feel like im going to marry a hearing man i dont know if that is a good choice though. he doesnt want to learn sign but im so in love with him. i said what happens if i do go deaf one day he saids " well it will be very difficult" i cant stop thinking of this crap. iduno what to do or what to say to this im so confused. can any1 help. all he saids is that hes wants to marry me one day. sometimes i feel like he gets very annoyed when i cant hear well wthell i dont understand him or my parents they get so angry at me. like if its my fault.. .what should i do =(
i really i really hate feeling this way!

Danielle85 said:
im 20 yrs old and i feel like im going to marry a hearing man i dont know if that is a good choice though. he doesnt want to learn sign but im so in love with him. i said what happens if i do go deaf one day he saids " well it will be very difficult" i cant stop thinking of this crap. iduno what to do or what to say to this im so confused. can any1 help. all he saids is that hes wants to marry me one day. sometimes i feel like he gets very annoyed when i cant hear well wthell i dont understand him or my parents they get so angry at me. like if its my fault.. .what should i do =(
i really i really hate feeling this way!

If i were you i would get out of this relationship .

I would run and not look back. That is very selfish of him to not learn sign. I am sure you are very infatuated now but when your together for awhile this will subside and if you can't talk with him then what do you have? Obviously he doesn't love you as much as you do him or he would want to be able to talk with you... my advise is run!!!

Back