daylight savings time - which favor backward or forward ahead one hour?

I don't really care much for the time change. Although, Deaf Standard Time is awesome. :D :P

This is the USA! We should take over the world, and dictate every time zone as we see fit. :cheers:

I wish they would quit jumping ahead one hour in the spring and falling back in the fall. What's the point with the time change? huh? But it will be nice to leave work while there's still some light, instead of darkness.

I wish they would quit jumping ahead one hour in the spring and falling back in the fall. What's the point with the time change? huh? But it will be nice to leave work while there's still some light, instead of darkness.

Yes, I wish stay same not change it anymore... I agreed with you.. there's good light than getting darkness.. Other country Philippines or asia no change clock.. There's good enough light and right evening, also perfect time.

Only thing that bothers me about it is that the first week, it is hard waking up in the mornings while my body is getting used to waking up at a different time zone.

Only thing that bothers me about it is that the first week, it is hard waking up in the mornings while my body is getting used to waking up at a different time zone.

I noticed, people have adjusted body and getting used. If there's no change clock. They should be fine. If clock has to change. We had to change time and body too... :aw: ( awww)

I dont know why they putting DST, they believe it was energy and save the energy ... They believe our earth little bit down the pole to the sun.. I'm not very expert explain. hehe. Anyone know, it would be nice and explain than mine..

I favor leave the clock alone and not DST changed! If they do DST changed. We had nothing to help!

Oh there also change time in Australia on April. I look the map close asia Philippines and else. There was not have change clock time... Interesting!
We are in the daylight savings time at the moment, it will end in April tuning it back to standard daylight time.

In the USA Arizona and Hawaii do not have day light savings. We traveled to Hawaii on that day and it kind of messed us up time wise.

It's funny because even though I knew the time has moved an hour forward, it messed me up all day long. I'd be like, no, wait, is it 6 pm? d'oh it's 7 pm. Curse this DST! :lol:

It's funny because even though I knew the time has moved an hour forward, it messed me up all day long. I'd be like, no, wait, is it 6 pm? d'oh it's 7 pm. Curse this DST! :lol:

Me too. I had one small clock (with backlight) in my room and had changed early than next day. Everything is fine and all clock has automatic DST time itself then. I said myself okay ready to get up tomorrow and call my kids time for school.

I'm about to bed and sleep early. I wake up in the morning and saw a little light at the window. I checked my clock. Oh my goodness, time is already 7am. I was supposed wake up by 6am not 7am. I'm zoom and prepared kids' breakfast and wake up wake up kids. we're late..... agrrr! Lucky bring kids not late ;and there's school bus was right time.

The hours of daylight are constantly getting longer or shorter here in Alaska. It makes a small bit of sense for maybe two weeks at each change. Totally stupid for up here.

In the USA Arizona and Hawaii do not have day light savings. We traveled to Hawaii on that day and it kind of messed us up time wise.

I forgot add: I didn't know, Arizona and Hawaii has not change at all. wow...
Thanks for sharing. I learned something. =)

The hours of daylight are constantly getting longer or shorter here in Alaska. It makes a small bit of sense for maybe two weeks at each change. Totally stupid for up here.

Yes, that's what my friend said.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

There's longer light and short dark in evening?:hmm:

Where our state is on the curvature of the earth and its relationship to the sun gives us a more radical change in daylight hours. Everyday is different by a few minutes of longer daylight toward the summer solstice and then it goes the other way shorter until the winter solstice.

The summer solstice here in the northern hemisphere is on June 21st: the longest day of the year

The winter solstice is on December 21st: the shortest hours of daylight for the year.

In the farthest north of the state it is daylight all night at the summer solstice.
It is dark most of the day in the same way at winter solstice. The sun is seen for a few minutes as a glow just above the land.

Last edited:
In Russia there's no forward/backward hour. Why is it happening in America?

Back