Daughter loves new vp!!!

Deborah

Reaction score
My daughter just started high school at a deaf school--she loves it and is very happy! There are VPs in the dorms--most of the students use them to communicate with their parents during the week. We just got one installed in our home on Friday and it is amazing!! My daughter CAN use a regular phone and likes to use speakerphone, but sometimes she still likes a bit of extra clarification--the VP is a GREAT resource!! So far, she has used it several ways. When calling her hearing friends and family, she uses it where she is listening and speaking on the speakerphone PLUS getting an interpreter on the videophone as an extra tool(signing and lip reading)--LOVE IT!!!! And she uses it a lot to talk to her deaf friends from school on the weekends--VP to VP--they seem to be signing and lip reading mostly. I am amazed at how fast my daughter is learning ASL--the VP is a BIG help, plus patient people who sign slowly and repeat things when she doesn't understand. She still loves to use her cell phone for text messaging--sometimes that can also be an extra tool while on the VP--if there is confusion or misunderstanding on the VP, a text message often clarifies things. She wil be 15 this month, and the VP is turning out to be a GREAT way for my deaf teenage daughter to communicate--SHE LOVES IT!!! :)

Thar's fantastic. I know how she feels even if I'm much older.

Iam so thrilled for you and your daughter!!! :)

That is great! I felt the same way when I got my netbook. Yay for your daughter, communication - whooo!!!

I have Purple netbook. It is of course from Purple. It has AIM, P3, and various computer aps. Many of the students at the university where I work have regular netbooks. (They are hearing)

If she loves the Video phone, imagine how much she would love a mobile video phone or netbook. It could be pretty useful. The great thing is that they are relatively inexpensive compared to other netbooks. There is a mobile video phone that looks like a thick picture frame and the netbook that I know about. Check the forum and youtube for pics and more info if you would lke to see them.

There are other companies that produce these products. My avatar states my preference but by all means I think it is wonderful that your daughter has discovered vid phones. It is hard to imagine a teen girl not liking a method of communication. (smile)

Back