Dating deaf

coreydobbs

Reaction score
hey everyone. So I am really new to my own going deaf, I am single right now, I came to terms with my hearing loss but it seems o be hard when it comes to dating. It's hard cause there are not a lot of deaf people around where I live and hearing people tend to think I am ignoring them or think that if I go to the doctors enough I can be fixed. I keep being told to wait and a good guy all come along but it just doesn't seem like I know what to do. I'm still learning asl an I'm ok at it but I lack real skill, so it's hard dating another deaf person cause I'm still learning, hearing people just seem to not understand, and those in between lke I still am are few and far in between. No I don't need a bf to be happy but it sure would be nice to have someone call my own.

New to dating a deaf man myself

Hello ! I read your listing as a new member myself and somewhat have a few similarities in what is going on with ourselves and gay relationships. I dated a guy a few years back and kept in contact ever since after moving. Surprisingly, i am moving back to that area and he wants to date again. Oh, by the way i am hearing and he is profoundly deaf i think is term that seems to be used on site quite a lot when deaf nor oral. Studying interpersonal communication in college is ironic and communication a challenge with him....... but i think " we both take the challenge and give our trust, care and patience?" hmmmm...... By the way their is a 17yr age difference between us. And ???? ;)

Back