Dangerous foods for Dogs

Vanessa8

Reaction score
I learned a lesson not to give my dog few fruits and milk. My dog keep watched me while I eat.

Better not to give foods.

See the attachment picture here..

Attachments

• 10384212_864287663601323_3853057816921592983_n.jpg
    10384212_864287663601323_3853057816921592983_n.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 8
Foods That Are Hazardous to Dogs | ASPCA

raw bread dough with yeast it also very bad for dogs and cig butts too , they're also toxic to human babies.

Thank God, I'm not give raw bread dough... I just give fruits and milk; didn't realize it was not good for dog. opss. I look the fruits and milk are health...

One of my friend did give peanut for her dog.. I have no idea it was bad for dog?

Thank God, I'm not give raw bread dough... I just give fruits and milk; didn't realize it was not good for dog. opss. I look the fruits and milk are health...

One of my friend did give peanut for her dog.. I have no idea it was bad for dog?

I know but dogs are very good at getting into food they should not eat. A vet told I could put Marty pills in some peanut butter. You can buy dog cookies made with it too.

I'm not a vet but have studied for many years on dog/cat nutrition and many dogs cannot digest dairy products, but RAW goat's milk yogurt is often fine - dogs can eat. Usually the problem is the fact that it's cow's milk specifically and highly processed too, that causes problems.

Dogs -can - have many fruits and vegetables, little bits of :

apple

leafy greens

banana

berries

carrot

celery

green beans

squash/pumpkin

watermelon

peach

- BUT- no pits, stems, seeds, cores. Avoid avocado skin and pit and leaves

I give my dogs raw and cooked eggs, raw or cooked <canned; in water> sardines. And they do really like goat's milk yogurt.

Sardines? Hmm. I will have to try that when we plan to adopt a dog someday.

Can we add rocks to the list? Dogs swallow that damn rocks. *SMH*

A few weeks ago, my brother's dog managed to eat all of those hamburger buns. He had a bad stomach for a day.

In my experience, raw or cooked sardines are a great way to fatty acids from fish into your dog's diet and just one way to get more fresh and less heavily processed/heated food into the dog also.

Fatty acids help with reduction of inflammation and protecting immune system health, same as in people.

Most dogs who are fed carb-based and highly processed foods are getting an overabundance of omega 6 fatty acids from processed vegetable sources <difficult for a carnivore to digest> and not enough omega-3 fatty acids.

Many times dogs develop a fascination for eating inedible objects. Vets have taken all kinda things from dog's stomachs- rocks, socks, underwear, coins...

Hope your brother's dog is ok now:aw:

In my experience, raw or cooked sardines are a great way to fatty acids from fish into your dog's diet and just one way to get more fresh and less heavily processed/heated food into the dog also.

Fatty acids help with reduction of inflammation and protecting immune system health, same as in people.

Most dogs who are fed carb-based and highly processed foods are getting an overabundance of omega 6 fatty acids from processed vegetable sources <difficult for a carnivore to digest> and not enough omega-3 fatty acids.

Many times dogs develop a fascination for eating inedible objects. Vets have taken all kinda things from dog's stomachs- rocks, socks, underwear, coins... Some pennies have zinc in them if they're made after 1988. I think the CC work on the utube I posted

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/dog-fatally-poisoned-by-one-penny/

Hope your brother's dog is ok now:aw:

Pennies are very toxic to dogs , I use a forum for pets and one person dog dies from swallowing some pennies.

Thanks.

My brother's dog is doing a lot better than before. He sent us a pic of him when he looked sad. I really like his dog's personality. He's so mellow and is great with kids. He usually sleeps with one of them every night. My niece calls him her roommate.

I'll talk to my brother to give sardines to him. How much sardines do you have to feed a large dog?

yeah, true about the pennies...and I saw an episode once of "Emergency Vets" where this green iguana swallowed a bunch of coins, too.

Oh, I'm glad, Barbaro!

What do you consider large? What is the dog's breed/mix or weight?

For my two Rotties - one is little for the breed at about 65 pounds; other is low-average for adult female at 75. I also love sardines so sometimes we share them. Then each dog might get one or two - depending on amount in tin - and then I have some.
Have also given each dog all the sardines from the container, it ends up being about 4-5 sardines. My dogs are raw-fed and used to eating fresh and whole food. But I don't always use the whole can per dog.

If your brother wants to try it, start slowly, especially if the dog has a "sensitive stomach", has a serious systemic problem like organ disease, or is elderly. So maybe - depending on weight/type of dog, try one little sardine from the can or container. If the dog is fed twice a day , you could even half that one sardine so each meal the dog has half. Gradually build up to greater amount.
Sardines with the bones is also a great source of fresh calcium

Pumpkin is great to have available for digestion issues - loose poop or constipation, either way. We always try to have some in the pantry.
Should be plain pumpkin - NOT "pumpkin pie filling".
I either get organic BPA- free canned, or have some frozen squash of some kind, so that if one of my dogs has some digestive thing, I have the pumpkin right away ready.

Remember - sardines in water, not tomato sauce or oil or mustard or something.

My doggie would stick her nose up at "Sardines"....(so would I....:giggle: )....I do give her Pumpkin sometimes....how about Chicken & Yellow Rice?
And my friend told me once....said she knows a little Milk isn't good for her doggie, but she still gives him Milk occasionally....(just a little)...said she felt it was good for him....Another friend said her Doggie would eat green beans, broccoli....and rice....

:giggle:yeah I know most people don't like sardines.

Fresh, cooked boneless chicken meat and organs <most dogs are deprived of organ meat which is another thing they miss in their diets> without added fats and seasoning - is great, as is raw chicken if introduced sloooooooowly. Raw chicken from the grocery store is meant to be cooked and likely contains high levels of pathogens because most commercial chicken is factory farmed and therefore is much more exposed to stress and disease than non-factory-farmed chicken....soooo...a dog who is not used to raw feeding probably couldn't tolerate the bacterial levels present in raw-from the typical human food store-
raw chicken in raw dog food is not problematic for most dogs.

I cooked for a dog for many years and among other things she got lightly cooked meat - chicken, beef or turkey.

I know many who cook for their dogs.

Rice as a special treat once in a while, for a dog in good weight - wouldn't be a big problem in terms of ingestion or nutrition. White rice is more digestible for a dog than brown, but brown is the less processed, more fibrous item of the two.

Dogs have no nutritional need for carbohydrates, whether that is rice, potatoes, tapioca or legume.
Most dogs eat kibble and already getting quite a bit of grain in their systems.

My girls love lettuce, broccoli, carrots...

yeah, true about the pennies...and I saw an episode once of "Emergency Vets" where this green iguana swallowed a bunch of coins, too.

Oh, I'm glad, Barbaro!

What do you consider large? What is the dog's breed/mix or weight?

For my two Rotties - one is little for the breed at about 65 pounds; other is low-average for adult female at 75. I also love sardines so sometimes we share them. Then each dog might get one or two - depending on amount in tin - and then I have some.
Have also given each dog all the sardines from the container, it ends up being about 4-5 sardines. My dogs are raw-fed and used to eating fresh and whole food. But I don't always use the whole can per dog.

If your brother wants to try it, start slowly, especially if the dog has a "sensitive stomach", has a serious systemic problem like organ disease, or is elderly. So maybe - depending on weight/type of dog, try one little sardine from the can or container. If the dog is fed twice a day , you could even half that one sardine so each meal the dog has half. Gradually build up to greater amount.
Sardines with the bones is also a great source of fresh calcium

Pumpkin is great to have available for digestion issues - loose poop or constipation, either way. We always try to have some in the pantry.
Should be plain pumpkin - NOT "pumpkin pie filling".
I either get organic BPA- free canned, or have some frozen squash of some kind, so that if one of my dogs has some digestive thing, I have the pumpkin right away ready.

Remember - sardines in water, not tomato sauce or oil or mustard or something.

My brother and his family had adopted a dog last Feb. Chow/ Shepard mix. I don't know about the weight, but my guess is about 70 lbs. It's a she, not a he. My mistake.

I'm familiar with sardines in water. My smell is sensitive, so I try to tolerate it as much as I could since I was a baby. My mom and my husband eat them frequently. Hubby usually uses olive oil all over sardines.

Pumpkin works well for my cat. She is a long hair domesticated cat. I usually freeze them in the ice cube tray. As for a large dog, would two tablespoons of pumpkin be enough? Or is it too much?

my in laws dog is crazy over peanut butter big time.. Stuffed in the KONG.. He picked it up and brought it to them in his mouth, and begged for more. LOL

Back