Dancing classes

sharlie

Reaction score
Have anyone join any types of dancing classes?
AND... how do you cope with communication and dance movements in the class?

~sharlie~

We are taking a dance class next month for six weeks. We are learning how to dance with feel vibration music and watch other people dance movement.

I am out of practice dancer for my wedding. :Oops: That will be alot of fun for us.

I took dancing classes from the time I was 5 until 17 years old. I can't hear at all and was only deaf person in my dancing class. The teacher also teaches dancing classes to deaf students at oral school for the deaf, but that school was too far from my hometown. Anyway, I found that it was helpful when I learned the rythme of dancing and memorize the dance steps. I kept briefly glance at hearing dancers while I dance to make sure I stay with same steps as them. It was so much fun dancing, which was why I took it for so long. From 5 to 15 years old I took ballet, tap and jazz. From 15 to 17 I took square dancing and cloggers. Sharlie, if you're thinking about taking dancing classes, the more you practice at home, the better dancer you will become. When I took classes, I took about one hour a day of practicing in my parent's garage. To me, dancing is like acting out a story with total body language, face expression and rythme...sooo much fun!!

its been YEARS since ive danced -- was with a hearie dance company from age 5 til 10 i think and then joined a deaf dance company where i stayed with til i was 14

I was in dance reheareal in alabama for one year. I was 8 year old and tap/jazz with hearies dancers.

In texas, in my surprise that deaf program teacher does tap dances for deafies at elem. school...

I took ballroom dancing when I was younger, and I'd like to start taking those classes again...and I have been toying with the idea of taking a belly dancing class just for kicks...hey, why not?

i was 3 yrs old, i took ballet dance, i won first place... also i was in 5 th grade, i danced michael jackson, won first place at public school.. i was 6 grade, i was with 2 girls, dance alike salt and pepper.. we won first place too... i never forget abt that.. hehe!

Back