Dad unfit parent for not taking son to McDonalds

kokonut

Reaction score
Oh, spare me this nonsense! What the father did was probably the smartest thing.
“You’d think it was sexual molestation,” Schorr, 43, told The Post Thursday. “I am just floored by it.”

Schorr says in his Manhattan Supreme Court suit that E. 97th Street psychiatrist Marilyn Schiller filed a report saying he was “wholly incapable of taking care of his son” and should be denied his weekend visitation over the greasy burger ban.

Schorr, a corporate attorney turned consultant with degrees from NYU and Oxford University, had planned to take his 4-year-old son to their usual restaurant, the Corner Café on Third Avenue, for his weekly Tuesday night visitation last week.

But the boy threw a temper tantrum and demanded McDonald’s. So he gave his son an ultimatum: dinner anywhere other than McDonald’s — or no dinner.

“The child, stubborn as a mule, chose the ‘no dinner’ option,” the disgruntled dad says in the suit.

“It was just a standoff. I’m kicking myself mightily,” Schorr said.

“I wish I had taken him to McDonalds, but you get nervous about rewarding bad behavior. I was concerned. I think it was a 1950s equivalent of sending your child to bed without dinner. That’s maybe the worst thing you can say about it,” he said.

The kid had a choice.
NY dad deemed unfit for not taking son to McDonald's | Fox News

I guess the dad could had to a grocery store and made his kid a hamburger and put it in a McDonald bag. The kid would never had know the difference.

Parents have learn how to be smarter than their kids. There where 4 kids in my family and we all wanted a chicken leg . So dad gave us all a leg , he would cut the 2 legs to made it look like 4 legs and we where all happy .

Oh wow, what's spoiled child.

I shouldn't take my future child to McDonald's to prevent the "spolization".

The dad did right, and the kid isn't going to die from missing one meal.

The dad should be praised, not punished, for behaving like a good dad.

Someone is being a snitch to make the dad look bad... such a shame!

I hope the court takes a look at both sides and that dad did his best with a different restaurant and discipline instead of spoiling his son with McDonald.

New York is known as nanny state so they fought very hard with child obesity.

It doesn't make sense to me.

It shows me that the wife does take him to the mcdonald a LOT! my kids dont throw a fit when i told them, " no." They know mcdonald is not the exaclt healthy but yummy.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's why the kid is spoiled because he tattled and makes the situation go downhill from there.

According to this article

Before dropping his son off at his wife’s E. 84th Street building, Schorr says he tried to make light of the situation by horsing around with him and trying one last time to change his mind about dinner.

But the son apparently tattled on his dad and his wife flipped out and called the shrink, according to the suit.

Schorr claims that Dr. Schiller only interviewed the child and his mother and never asked for his side of the story before telling the court she was gravely concerned about Schorr’s parenting.

Bari Yunis Schorr sued her husband for a divorce in 2011, just four years after they married in a lavish ceremony at the St. Regis Hotel in Manhattan.

She recently filed motions asking the judge to punish her husband for flouting court orders and for a judgment on nonpayment of child support.

I think he did the rigjt thing by not taking him to mcdonals but he should have made the kid eat something else whether the kid liked it or not. I find it weird the dad wasnt interviewed.

I think he did the rigjt thing by not taking him to mcdonals but he should have made the kid eat something else whether the kid liked it or not. I find it weird the dad wasnt interviewed.
How do you "make" a kid eat?

:confused: The dad was interviewed. Did you read the link?

Oo i understood that he didnt. Nvm. But well tell you truth not sure how to make a kid eat. But my mom managed that many times after my sister throwing tan trums.

Oo i understood that he didnt. Nvm. But well tell you truth not sure how to make a kid eat. But my mom managed that many times after my sister throwing tan trums.
Normally, when a kid's hungry, he'll eat and no force is required. :)

I would be careful here. I'm not a parent, but I don't think setting an ultimatum works well with kids those days.

I think it is unfair for Dad to have his visitors right taken away over this. Did Dad explain to kid how McDonalds was bad? I am sure he did. Kids would eat anywhere, but not McDonalds. What if the kid said that he would be willing to eat at Burger King? How would that make the Dad feel? No McDonalds, but Burger Kings is a good substitution?

Yeah, I believe in healthy foods, but it is hard to explain to 4 years old kid why it is bad to eat at McDonalds. Kids are just kids. They want to play at McDonalds playground.

How about finding a different place that has playground or something cool? I am sure kid would love Rainforest café. SO many animals there that it looks lively!!

My dad never took us to a fast food restaurant and we survived just fine. :lol:

The dad did right, and the kid isn't going to die from missing one meal.

The dad should be praised, not punished, for behaving like a good dad.

Yeah it looks like the mother is rewarding her son bad behavior and that is not going to help the kid at all when he start going to school. I think the mother should be send to parenting classes ,if she keep letting her son get his way mom is going to sorry when the kid is 14 yo! This the problem with parents today they want to be their kid best friend instead of being a good parent .

The father should get a medal and not be punished for not encouraging poor eating habits

A building employee at the indulging parent’s Upper East Side pad — which is around the corner from a McDonald’s — said he watched the food fight unfold.
The employee said the child was crying, “Mommy, I want McDonald’s! Mommy, I want chicken McNuggets!”
So the boy wanted chicken nuggets, not hamburger. What's wrong with chicken nuggets? Are they as bad as hamburgers? He's only 4 yrs old.

“Even my mother, the strictest mother in the world, said, ‘Why didn’t you just take him to McDonald’s? What were you thinking? You know that this is a divorce situation,’” he said.
Nevertheless, the boy's mom who called the shrink to label her ex-to-be husband an unfit father was looking for trouble obviously.

I remember when my family was squatting in an abandoned house in Maryland and didn't have much food, let alone anything actually cooked. I admit, I stole money from school that a teacher had left on her desk out in the open and I went and bought some food, which I had to walk a long way to get.

A few days later I was busted for doing that and I remember I got home from school and apparently a teacher or someone from the school come by and told my parents, because a student or teacher had seen me and my brother with the money while buying something to eat and reported me.

I got beat up and mocked endlessly every single day in school and when people found out I took the money, it only made things worse in the bullying/ name calling areas than it was before I took that money. Anyway, I got home from school and the thing I remember was my angry father charging at me with this really thick leather and metal belt and hitting me all over with it and then denying me food and refusing to even acknowledge me in any way for a few days.

This kid is denied a fatty happy meal and they say that guy is a bad father? I wouldn't wish my childhood or even adulthood on anybody, but that kid and the prosecution haven't had a real bad day on their entire lives if this case is any representation of their idea of a bad parent.

So the boy wanted chicken nuggets, not hamburger. What's wrong with chicken nuggets? Are they as bad as hamburgers? He's only 4 yrs old.

Nevertheless, the boy's mom who called the shrink to label her ex-to-be husband an unfit father was looking for trouble obviously.
Why was he crying "Mommy" when he was with Daddy?

Chicken nuggets aren't necessarily healthy either, and they usually come with fries and soda.

You know what? Even if they were the purest health food, if a parent says "no" that's it--no tantrums. Kids have to learn self control or their lives will be miserable.

Even at 4 years old, he's learning how to play the divorce card with his parents. Very sad situation. :(

Back