Dad sells son's 90-dollar video game online for more than 9000

Yea I understand about the cost is... couldn't find the right word input that sentence.

The username from Ebay sound like young age in 30s? and try to make a living? I am not sure but the story sound be true but it hard to swallow of those ebay that buyer got that and if buyer realize its not true. Or in that country doesn't sell that moment? I am not sure but I wonder how many in Ebay has sell that kind of music stuff for video game?

Just remember that similar like WII system from last year. Gosh.. price went rocket into sky than compare what we bought from store.

Anyway.. it could be Hoax and hopefully the news will talk about that in few days or before Christmas. Who know

I really don´t care either it´s hoax or not until Dennis´s post come... I can understand his point because $9,100 for that video game sound pretty illogical? I thought I would give Dennis right until I found out thru ebay and was total speechless that it´s not hoax when I found the ebay number and plus his immaturity story to humliate his son like that. I do not buy his story.

I told my son about this. My son laughed too hard and never beleive that anyone can buy video game for that $9,100. I showed his ebay to him but he suggest that the Dad might made up the story and know the person who is willing to play the game to help Dad to make his son anger? I told my son who will pay the % charge to ebay of $9,100? and then suggest him to wait and see either the bidder really pay or not... since it does not say it was sold on ebay yet. We have to wait for few days or next week to check his positive/negative rating to see either Australian bidder really buy or not.

What do you think of my son´s suspect and suggestion?

Yea that what I noticed after Liebling share the item of ebay number.

When I enter that eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices and search that item number. At the top row and see the device.

Beside, I am not sure however Fraud and Scamming is begin grow and what will change for Ebay to prevent that problem?

At least, review some case of person's member history will tell us but funny thing if person did paid the seller for 9,000 dollars.

The final ebay bidder looks legit because he has a history of 270 transactions, and a positive rating of 98.9 %. He's been a member for almost four years.

If you look at some of his previous purchases, you will notice that he bought other electronic and computer related items.

The increments of bidding do look suspicious. The only thing I can think of that might be fishy is that someone else hijacked his account without permission.

Yea that what I noticed after Liebling share the item of ebay number.

When I enter that eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices and search that item number. At the top row and see the device.

Beside, I am not sure however Fraud and Scamming is begin grow and what will change for Ebay to prevent that problem?

At least, review some case of person's member history will tell us but funny thing if person did paid the seller for 9,000 dollars.

You are right about scam and fraud. It's why I don't believe in eBay at all. Some dishonesty buyers and sellers in there - not only the father who is dishonesty, but there are some others out there, too.

The increments of bidding do look suspicious. The only thing I can think of that might be fishy is that someone else hijacked his account without permission.

It does look suspicious, I've looked at time length this buyer had placed the bids, increase the amount 12 times ( why? no one had overbid this buyer yet ) before this buyer made the final bid. Also, I looked through the buyer's history of 270 transactions, only to see the buyers placed up to 1-3 bids on the other items. :hmm:

very strange.

You are right about scam and fraud. It's why I don't believe in eBay at all. Some dishonesty buyers and sellers in there - not only the father who is dishonesty, but there are some others out there, too.

I have been a member of ebay for about 2 years now and have made 20 purchases so far, and had postitive experiences with all of them especially with the wedding invitations being delay, and some were telling me to file a complaint but I did not want to, so instead I send the seller an email, she apologized and explained why it was delayed so I understood because I can only imagine how beautiful the invitations will look and when we got them, I was blown away at how lovely they all looked, everyone LOVED them! , they were more than worth the wait!!

I have been a member of ebay for about 2 years now and have made 20 purchases so far, and had postitive experiences with all of them especially with the wedding invitations being delay, and some were telling me to file a complaint but I did not want to, so instead I send the seller an email, she apologized and explained why it was delayed so I understood because I can only imagine how beautiful the invitations will look and when we got them, I was blown away at how lovely they all looked, everyone LOVED them! , they were more than worth the wait!!
We've been members of eBay for almost five years, and bought 76 items. That even includes a laptop computer, bagpipes, and a fully equipped business van (many thousands of dollars). No problems. :)

We got our fixtures for our remodeled bathroom from eBay, and we will probably get our plumbing fixtures for our remodeled kitchen from eBay also. Then I will be able to say that we bought everything, including the kitchen sink, from eBay. :lol:

Good for you. I am not sayin' ALL of them are dishonesty. Some of them are and some of them are scam/fraud. No one knows who they are since they are tooo many buyers/sellers in eBay....like for instance see what happened to the son from his father ? Not all are " bad " apples out there. Just be careful who you buy from - that's all. No offense. I am sure you are doin' fine.

Wow, what is he's a lucky son of a gun for getting a rich quickier cause his son getting punishment. :lol:

Concerning my son bidding on the item and not paying….

We have discussed this and I am sure he is not. He hadn’t even thought of the idea until I brought it up, as it was put forth in a comment on the auction. Furthermore, as mentioned above, he is too young to have an ebay account. Most importantly, I am confident he will not meddle with the auction because he is simply too interested in seeing the outcome of the auction to meddle with it. Remember, I gave him the choice to end the auction yesterday. And I warned him: if you do set up and ebay account just to be the high bidder on this item, I will report you as a non-paying bidder and give you negative feedback! I’ve done it before buddy, and I will do it again!

AFTER I READ THIS ACRTIC I LEARNED THAT ITS POSSIBLE THAT HIS SON DID BID ON EBAY SO HIGH SO THAT NO ONE WILL BUY IT AND WONT PAY THIS AMOUNT OWED TO FATHER LMFAOO I FIND THIS FUNNY BUT OH BOY IT COULD BE HIS SON AND MANY HIS FRIENDS FAKE BIDDING MONEY ON EBAY SO HIGH $9,100 ITS A JOKE ! I BEILEVE FATHER WONT COLLECT THE $9,100.

He was sure his son wasn't smoking pot, too, until he caught him!:giggle:

I’m a teacher, too. Does that surprise you?

Angel, “feeble” means weak. So when Liebling says “feeble excuse” it means that the excuse is a bad one (ineffective).

PuyoPiyo, your story is sad, but not exactly what happened here. Your dad no reason to take your car away from you, you did nothing wrong. Also, the car was already yours, it had already been given to you.

We may not agree with the way this dad handled the situation, but it was still his decision to make, not ours. At least he didn't beat his son when he caught him smoking pot. Nothing illegal in what he did. And, at least he confronted the situation and didn't condone his son's behavior or just completely ignore it.

IDK. Do you engage in public humiliation of children?

FAKE.

$9,000 for a video game that is easy to find? No, I don't think so. $300, $500, maybe, because you'd have to export it to Australia. Not $9K. Shenigans.

I think that in Australia, a buyer could be violates copyright infringment for
illegal to own an import game? I am not sure.

Originally Posted by Reba

That family lives in Canada, so I don't know what kind of coverage they have.

:confused: I know you are not a Canadian and we did not debated about Canadian healthcare at other threads but US healthcare issues. You brought those word "If dad's method doesn't work, maybe he can use the $9,000 for counseling sessions." got me wondering about US healthcare either the cost for therapies/cousnelling are being cover by private insurance or medicare/medicard or not.

I do not need to ask Canadian the questions since I learn from Canadian ADers at some threads about their healthcare system which is almost similar to Europe countries. The cost of therapies and counselling are cover by Canadian and EU healthcare. It's about US healthcare, I am asking the question about.

I will not ask any further question if you deny my question again.

PuyoPiyo, I am very sorry how and what your Dad treat you like that. He betrayed your trust... :( The car is a gift, he gave to you is belong to you, not him. It hurt to know that your own Dad hurt your trust.

I’m a teacher, too. Does that surprise you?

Do you mean it's okay as a teacher to write immaturity story to humliate child/teen to the public and label child/teen's friend as a delinquent friend like that?

Yeah, I am an ebay member since 2003 and have been deal selling and buying for under 300 times with 100% postive - no problem. I had been disappointed twice since 2003. One is last year - solve everything smooth in friendly communication... positive rating and last month bbrrhhh :pissed:. My son was very disappointed because it's not exact description what the ebayer wrote in his article. It still is not over with an ebayer yet. He denied to refund the amount to my son. It's my last and final to demand him to transfer exact amount in my bank account within 5 days, if not then report with complaint to ebay and then forget his positive rating. I bet he will negative my rating if I did negative his rating. It mean that it will be my first time to receive negative rating from him... Oh well...

:confused: I know you are not a Canadian and we did not debated about Canadian healthcare at other threads but US healthcare issues. You brought those word "If dad's method doesn't work, maybe he can use the $9,000 for counseling sessions." got me wondering about US healthcare either the cost for therapies/cousnelling are being cover by private insurance or medicare/medicard or not.

I do not need to ask Canadian the questions since I learn from Canadian ADers at some threads about their healthcare system which is almost similar to Europe countries. The cost of therapies and counselling are cover by Canadian and EU healthcare. It's about US healthcare, I am asking the question about.

I will not ask any further question if you deny my question again.
I didn't "deny" your question. This thread is about the dad selling his son's game on ebay. That dad and son live in Canada, so whatever counseling service the boy would get would be in Canada. I don't know anything about that situation. Do you expect me to have an answer for all your questions?

Eve said:
Do you mean it's okay as a teacher to write immaturity story to humliate child/teen to the public and label child/teen's friend as a delinquent friend like that?
If it's your own child, you have the right to inflict any form of discipline you see fit, as long as it is not illegal.

If it's your own child, you have the right to inflict any form of discipline you see fit, as long as it is not illegal.

No matter how harmful psychologically and emotionally it is to that child? And you didn't answer the question.

I didn't "deny" your question. This thread is about the dad selling his son's game on ebay. That dad and son live in Canada, so whatever counseling service the boy would get would be in Canada. I don't know anything about that situation. Do you expect me to have an answer for all your questions?

:confused: I did let you know in my post #152 that my post is bit :topic: for want to ask you question about US healthcare.

http://www.alldeaf.com/886138-post152.html

You denied it again... Okay, I do not need to ask you anymore because someone already answered my question. :)

PuyoPiyo, I am very sorry how and what your Dad treat you like that. He betrayed your trust... :( The car is a gift, he gave to you is belong to you, not him. It hurt to know that your own Dad hurt your trust.

Don't worry about it :) Thanks for concern..

Back