Dad back in hospital....

steph9700

Reaction score
They found some sort of infection in his blood work the last time he was at the hospital and I had to take him to the V.A. (military) hospital in Birmingham yesterday and have him admitted. They said it was a very common type of germ or bug that could have been gotten in many different ways. Since he has had open heart surgery to replace the aortic valve with a fake one (not a pig valve) back in August of 2005, they were afraid that if he didn't receive major amounts of antibiotics that it would infect the valve and not go away making him have to have another valve replacement surgery. They did a "trans esophageal echo cardiogram" this morning which means they looked at his heart by using tubes and stuff down his throat so they could see the valves better and decided that the infection had not yet made it to the valve so they said he would have to stay in the hospital anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 weeks depending on how good his body took the antibiotics. If he gets to come home before the whole 6 weeks is up then I will have to stay at his house with him and change out his I.V. bags until treatment is done. They are almost positive tho that they won't have to do the open heart and that he will recover 100% from this. Just pray for me to have patience with him because his normal personality is like a 5 year old on speed pills, wide open and smarty pants. @ least they said he was "fixable" and will come home soon. it really scared me yesterday when they called, I thought I was going to lose my dad too this year just after losing mom.

Oh Geez.. I am prayer for your daddy to recovery!

pray.gif

oh geeze.. It happened to the same thing to my dad's father. My grandpa, used to work in this factory. And he got exposed to this chemical that i forget whats it called.. anyways its this posioning and they didn't know it was not healthy for you. So it caused him to have a hard time breathing and plus he was smoking alot back then. Then maybe in 2005,2004, my grandpa fell down on ice and he punchared his ribs which poked his lung. He broked 3 or 4 of his ribs when he fell down. He was in the hospitial alot. My dad visited him whenever he got out of work (my dad works at a hospitial as a pharmacy.) And my grandpa had a blood clot. Because he had a germ in his blood i guess. And then he had iv's hooked up, a breathing tube, etc. He died when i was 9 or 10 years old in 2005. My dad was so mad at the doctors, because all they were doing was examinating my grandpa's problem. I guess they were giving him antibionics. I was in the 4th grade. or 5th grade i'm not so sure. Maybe i was 11. My dad always tell storys about my grandpa. And you know waht?? My dad told me when i was born, He stopped smoking. The minute I was born, he stopped smoking. Your dad is in my prayers. Good luck. Whenever you get out of work, spend time with your dad whenever you can. I bet he'd apprecatied it. I'm only 14. But good luck.

Coolgirl you may be only 14, but you are kind and thoughtful beyond your years. Steph, I will pray for you and your dad too

My prayers and thoughts to your dad and family. :hug:

Sorry to hear about ur dad and hope he recover and is on the road to a healthy life again. Will pray for u and ur dad to a speedy recovery and that all is well for u both.

I'm sorry to learn about your Dad and hope everything goes smooth for him. :( :hug:

I am sorry to hear about your father,I hope things turn out good.

Oh, that is nasty having your father get sick with the infections that involve with the replacement valve that are probably not working for him. It happen to people when the antibiotics or something that reject the hearts or valves. I am praying for your father to recover and hoping that your father beat this infections. Taking care of him is a big chore and I hope your husband or any other family members, even friends, can help you to take care of your father. I will pray for you and family members to take care of him and hope you all don't get burn out. That is sad news. :sad:

Back