curious: you rather to get married or live together?

thunderlionman

Reaction score
give your reasons, opinions and so forth ..feel free to say ! :grouphug:

Well, it'll have to be someone who has experienced both paths of living together and being married -- THEN they'd have an idea of which one they'd prefer in the future. :D

As for me -- I'm currently married and am pretty happy with the way things are in this situation. Although, there are some areas that I would've preferred to have when not married. What I mean is when married, everything that is done with the husband/wife, man/man, woman/woman unity -- it's all based on trust and making decisions together.

In relationships, but not married -- the individual usually can do what they want on their own without their significant others with them. It's a sticky situation, really. It all depends on each unity -- and what is decided between them, etc. :)

mmm like what you say

PurpleRose71 said:
Well, it'll have to be someone who has experienced both paths of living together and being married -- THEN they'd have an idea of which one they'd prefer in the future. :D

As for me -- I'm currently married and am pretty happy with the way things are in this situation. Although, there are some areas that I would've preferred to have when not married. What I mean is when married, everything that is done with the husband/wife, man/man, woman/woman unity -- it's all based on trust and making decisions together.

In relationships, but not married -- the individual usually can do what they want on their own without their significant others with them. It's a sticky situation, really. It all depends on each unity -- and what is decided between them, etc. :)
yes its true base on trust, honestly, work out the plms what ever it is....i ve seen a few don't do work out the plms and make it worst then etc...hell will break loose ...living together they (some) might feel safe cause too many divorces ...perhap maybe they learned from friends, parents, neighbors so forth or hear about them..getting married , to me, its an oath thing to have each other.. i know many but some afraid to speak out feelings or plms to talk about..then it be difficult in relationship...i rather to talk aboutlike how to deal , work it out, etc make things run smoother as possible but best as i can.. etc... so what you said make a great sense tosay.. !

PurpleRose71 said:

Yes, well said, being married you give up everything even my maiden surname, to become one, but I don't regret at all, as it gives me more security and my rights, more and more married women prefer to keep their maiden surname or join their hubby's.

I am fed up hearing people saying its just a piece of paper. If you really love her/him you would sacrifice your love and being married and then she/he is belongs to the family union, but lovers they aren't!.

yeah

i have some women friends said they wish keep maiden names like some say why not but some have already like together for example. like this:meyers-johnson as two last name together. my mom have like this now : outis-meyerholz

I'm glad I lived with my husband (then boyfriend) for almost 2 years in college to get the taste of each others' ways. Whatta experience LOL But we got past the rough stage and 4 years later I married him. Three plus years and still going strong. :cool:

i had some experience marrying and live together but * im divorced*... My option to have somebody to live with you so you can have a chance to study this person's way in house habits so if you really want to get marry this person.. you would have to study more when both are living togethers...

I had living with my ex without getting marrying.. i know his/her ways before i make a huge mistakes.

i think better for live with someone first before get marry cuz of see how it going work out before get marry.. ;)

I lived with someone over ten years, and she died during childbirth.
You cannot IMAGINE the heartbreak.
I still have nothing except bittersweet memories.
So, yeah, make it legal.
It might not mean much after a loss, but ...
The moneytary costs hurt, sure, but if I was legally married, if could have been a LOT easier.
I still miss her, by the way.
Peace

Last edited:
Beowulf said:
I lived with someone over ten years, and she died during childbirth.
You cannot IMAGINE the heartbreak.
I still have nothing except bittersweet memories.
So, yeah, make it legal.
It might not mean much after a loss, but ...
The moneytary costs hurt, sure, but if I was legally married, if could have been a LOT easier.
I still miss her, by the way.
Peace
awww i am very sowwy to hear abt that.. i am sure that she watch over u!!! :cuddle:

I would prefer to just "live with" my love but I am going to marry him anyway to prove the rest of world that I do love him. I grew up believing that marriage is a worthless paper, but now I know it is just not all about paper, but something to remind others that YOU ARE TAKEN! haha Right now we are living together. And I WILL keep my maiden name! He will add my last name to his and his to mine as well. It would be one helluva long last name for our kids to spell out, [evil laughing]

if he is a billionaire, then I prefer to get married...
if i am a billionaire myself, then I prefer to be single...
the problem is that i do NOT trust these billionaires....
therefore i can never marry a billionaire due to the lack of trust...
the problem is that i fell in love with a guy who is poor....

I lived with my husband before marrying him. Left home and went straight to his. :)

If I had to pick now, though, I would marry first.

Nothing wrong with sleepovers, though, eh? :giggle:

I'd rather live together, that way you know where you guys are heading and you guys can know how make it to through the commitment or marriage.

I have experienced the "living together" part, and now I'm against it... Why? Because we are not married, and when we live together it takes away our individuality and limits our choices that we are entitled to in our bachelor/ette-hood. If you are living together and not married, and you end up not wanting to date anymore, where do you go?? It's ridicilous.

Now I have a different boyfriend (vs the one I lived with), and it feels soo much better with both of us living separately - me, my own apartment, him, his family home. He does sometimes come over my place and stay the night (no we don't always do the kookie)... But I don't have to worry abt having to face him every single day or night... It gives us flexibility and independence. The next time I live with a guy, I should have a wedding band around my finger.

Funny, a lot of our friends think he and I are living together because we demonstrate a loving relationship and interaction.... On the contratary, when I lived w/ my ex, it didn't appear we had a great relationship. Thus, I disliked that situation.

Sweet_KJ said:
I have experienced the "living together" part, and now I'm against it... Why? Because we are not married, and when we live together it takes away our individuality and limits our choices that we are entitled to in our bachelor/ette-hood. If you are living together and not married, and you end up not wanting to date anymore, where do you go?? It's ridicilous.

Now I have a different boyfriend (vs the one I lived with), and it feels soo much better with both of us living separately - me, my own apartment, him, his family home. He does sometimes come over my place and stay the night (no we don't always do the kookie)... But I don't have to worry abt having to face him every single day or night... It gives us flexibility and independence. The next time I live with a guy, I should have a wedding band around my finger.

Funny, a lot of our friends think he and I are living together because we demonstrate a loving relationship and interaction.... On the contratary, when I lived w/ my ex, it didn't appear we had a great relationship. Thus, I disliked that situation.

:werd: i would never want us to
live together "just for a test" -
a true love is to accept one another's
flaws, not a test....

thunderlionman said:
give your reasons, opinions and so forth ..feel free to say ! :grouphug:

It is better to be married than to live together...reason...married is scared commitment as people have common of sense this married mean to swore the vow! But unfortunately, people dont know what vow is so they run and write down for divorce. Back to point...I prefer be married because being married you get the sense of security of being two into one unity compare to live together, as it can be sound meaningless to me..(no mean to offend)

I rather live with some1 before gettin married but after all I am against marriage so that's different story anyways.. I just rather live alone and learn how to be free before I ever want to settle down with some1.. like I said gonna change before u meet the right guy or settle down blah I ain't near that way to be changed :roll:

Back