crochet

I knit, some crochet. I am currently knitting fair isle socks. I love crochet because its faster and knitting for the texture and detail. I also have a simple knitting machine.

I love to knit socks. They are quick to knit up, and are such a portable project so you can carry them with you easily. In fact, I am doing socks for all of my neices and nephews for Christmas this year. I have always done hats and mittens, and decided it was time to shake things up a bit!:giggle:

Do you like the knitting machine? I have often thought about getting one, but I really enjoy the handwork. It is almost like a meditation for me. Since I have been knitting since age 7, it doesn't require a lot of concentration for most projects. Most definitely one of my stress relief techniques.

I've started to learn how to crotchet beads and make pendants & thick necklaces out of them as well. It is hard and wheee.. flyaway beads galore!

Our vacuum cleaner resembles the 1970's corn popper toy.:giggle:

I do knitting with beads. I incorporate them into wearables, and also make little knitted pendant bags that are reflective of the style of the 1920's.

WOW! That's beautiful work :jaw::jaw:

I've always wanted to learn even though my Hispanic family always thought it strange that a male would want to learn how to do "woman's work"

I did finally get my aunt to teach me to sew and even helped her sew up some bedsheets.

Actually, in the European cultures, men were often known to knit and embroider. I taught a knitting class for the after school program when my son was still in school, and one of the best knitters was a little boy. He was very creative.

i love doing crochet and knit for blanket, hat, jewelry and something creative on purse and bag. I started learn crochet when i was 5. My grandma taught me. She was crocheter and knitter. And other my grandma was knitter. They made afghan blankets, clothes, and much more. I like to add bead in crochet. It's good for stress relieve. I am plan to make baby's cotton blanket and hat soon. I have to wait for my baby's gender almost 5 weeks left to go. When i figure it out and will go to hobby lobby, joann's, michael's to buy more color baby cotton yarns. :-d

i'm fans of crochet and knit both!

awesome!!!!

I changed my mind about my mom's afghan, its going to be dark red and light purple squares like checkerboard pattern, so far I finished 37 of 5x5" squares of dark red, 17 left to go for dark red one, then 54 squares of light purple. I'm aiming to finish doing all squares before thanksgiving (10 squares on a good day, my left arm get cramped up and sore after 30 squares (3 days worth) so I take few days break. Other project I'm working on is making nephew other afghan, its same yarns color I threw away the solid one (3 rows) because it was kind of rough feeling I want it to be soft so I used all 3 shades of blue into one strand and use Q-hook, I will make 4 panels, 2 panels of 3 shades of blue one and 2 panels of light sky blue homespun 2 yarn into 1 strand to match the thickness I'll buy darkest blue bulky yarn to makes single crochet edging then join panels togethers and then do scallops on sides.
I put my chevron stitch orange/black one away in closet until I finish those 2 project (won't be long) and then I'll get back to orange/black one and buy yarns for my "ex-mom-afghan" (rainbow of purple pink and brown one) to make queen size bed afghan (it'll be my long term project, 2 skeins a month or so) so I can makes bunch of small projects, I have 2 friend with baby that's due this spring I'm waiting for both of them to find out the baby's gender in early November before buying yarns (boy or girl color!) what's the suggested baby afghan size in inches? Like adult afghan is usually 45"x60"

I finally finished crocheting three blankets for the homeless but my three year old son begged me to make him a blanket so I started one yesterday (he picked out the yarn, aw) and I am nearly done with it. Crocheting keeps my mind busy, gotta love it :)

I had to stop crocheting due to carpal tunnel. I knit for now, but it is beginning to bother me. I have made sweaters, baby blankets, skirts and baby clothes. Right now I am working on a baby jumper for a 6 month old at church.

My main passion is sewing and quilting. But, alas, I have no room in MIL's house to do that.

My husband didn't want me to do crochet for our baby's blanket. Because his mom is going to make Afghan crochet blanket for our baby. So I can let her do crochet. It will be save my time. Because I have errand to do in my mind.

Oy vey, I am taking over my sister's project and crocheting two more blankets before Thanksgiving. My fingers hurt!!

I'm soooooo close to finishing my mom afghan it look awesome I only have 17 red squares and 18 lilac squares left then edging with scallops stitch then all done!!! Lol I can't wait to finish it so I can move on to next project with orange and black afghan that one won't take long to finish, then I can work on 2 of my friends babies are due in spring so I want to make blankets, bibs, booties and maybe sweater for both (both are girls so that make it easier!) after that no ideas but I'm sure something will come up as usual

Guess what? I made a crochet hats for my newborn baby. I will update the picture soon when I am done.

ONLY 9 SQUARES LEFT!!! Then I'll be DONE with my mom xmas gift afghan lol (108 squares total to do that afghan so I have 99 done)
I took a break and practiced few different kind of socks and booties so far I really like lion brand "easy booties" it took me 4 tries to figure out the top of foot part, SLK design pattern booties is ok I'm not too crazy about sharp angle on heel part of socks (I'm perfectionist and weird about angles) I would prefer it rounded out, tried tube socks, can't seem to make foot part stay straight after I finished the cuff part it keep going into angle *scratching my head* oh well I'll figure it out someday lol. I haven't tried one sock pattern yet because it require baby yarn I have 4 unopened one I want to wait until I'm done with orange/black granny (only need do black bordering with about 10 oz of black yarn left I'll might buy other skein of black to add more bordering to orange granny center square.

I actually crochet and knit, though I do lean toward crocheting since its a bit more lenient towards mistakes.
I've crocheted many hats (I have OCD when it comes to hats!) and also armwarmers and wristwarmers; same for knitting :)
I actually taught myself and have had to teach my mother. She's been on a crocheting spree ever since! She's made many lovely shawls, scarves, and a lovely blanket cover.
Has anyone heard of the amigurumi craze? It's a very cute way to handle the crocheting skill.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.114 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I crochet. I make scarves and hats and lap blankets. It soothes me and relieves stress.

@ Jillio - I do like the simple little knitting machine. It is fun. I can do a simple blanket in a very short time and then personalize it with dropped stitches and a knit edging. It is great for surprise gifts or short notice shower envitations. It can be used for lots of other small, simple projects. There is a website or two that explains more complicated techniques but I like to do the interesting ones by hand.

I love to knit socks and hats for the same reasons that you said and because they let me try complicated stitching and patterns on a small scale. I am learning a celtic braid on socks now. There is an entrelac pattern that I have my eye on as well.

Any place I go when it's cold outside. (It's been an unusually cold winter here this year.) Also, I might make some as gifts.

Then different colors for different occasions.

Back