Crochet or Knitting

:rofl: Good point!!! My bf don't care and he think it's cool! :)
ghsh1996 said:
Wow, I know Vanna White. I didnt know that she do crochets. My husband make fun of me that I do crochet because he think crochet are for old ladies. I told him get lost. lol I will tell him about Vanna White do crochet so he can be shut up. lol

Here are some things I've crocheted, that I sold at a flea market:

A baby afghan on a diagonal stitch:
greencoloredtoo.jpg

Two more baby afghans - they are the same size as the one above, but were folded into smaller squares to fit on the tables
blankets.jpg

I used the same type of stitch to make these scarves:
scarves.jpg

Beautiful and very talent! You did better than me! :lol: Ya gotta teach me more :giggle:
neecy said:

greencoloredtoo.jpg

Two more baby afghans - they are the same size as the one above, but were folded into smaller squares to fit on the tables
blankets.jpg

scarves.jpg

neecy said:

greencoloredtoo.jpg

blankets.jpg

scarves.jpg

Beautiful work, neecy! Did you do some of those patterns of 'basket weaves"?

neecy said:

greencoloredtoo.jpg

blankets.jpg

scarves.jpg

Wow, You did very wonderful with those! Did you sell all of them?

I can do both but I prefer crochet. I've made afghans, baby clothes, scarves, ponchos, Barbie slippers, neckties, vests, place mats, etc.

Reba said:
I can do both but I prefer crochet. I've made afghans, baby clothes, scarves, ponchos, Barbie slippers, neckties, vests, place mats, etc.

I agree with you about crochet. I only made afghans. I am making sweater now.

ghsh1996 said:
I love do crochet. I dont know how do knitting. Knitting is so hard to do. I made afghran blankets with crochets. I am making my crochet sweater.

Do you do crochet or knitting?
HI I CROCHET AND KNIT. AS OF NOW I AM DOING A BUNTING BAG {CROCHET}.

When I was little, my dad taught me how to crochet using just my fingers. Of course, I never learned past the "chain". I tried with one of those needle/hook things, for a while, but gave up for some reason. Maybe I should start again! (as if I didn't have enough things I wanna try already!)

Believe me knitting is as easy as crocheting but needs more (longer) practice.

I suggest start with easy pattern like only a KNIT stitch and make many colorful squares that you can later sew into quilt.

When you master a knit stitch, practice a purl stitch. You will be suprised that the outcome done with only this kind of stitch will look the same as with knit stitch! but what matters is you've practiced.

here knit stitch on the left, purl stitch on the right:

LearnToKnit_Fig064.gif

Just don't worry about the picture, get two needles, put on 20 stitches and start practicing!

Once you get a hang of it you will be able to make all sorts of patterns. Just don't give up!

Fuzzy

Neecy, you make good with crochet on blankets. I use to make like this long time ago.

I used to knit the jumpers, babies clothes, etc. for my boys, hubby & myself. I quitted after noticed that we have alot of knitted jumpers... Occchh... I crochet things like butterfly, ball, stars, etc...

See the pictures, I made like this.

I do knitting mostly, learned when little girl. Taught some kids at St Rita School for the Deaf to do knitting, but hard to talk to them and knit too!

Liebling:-))) said:
Neecy, you make good with crochet on blankets. I use to make like this long time ago.

I used to knit the jumpers, babies clothes, etc. for my boys, hubby & myself. I quitted after noticed that we have alot of knitted jumpers... Occchh... I crochet things like butterfly, ball, stars, etc...
Ah, you do delicate craft crocheting. Very nice! :) I know some ladies crochet angels for Christmas tree decorations. I think they soak them in starch for extra stiffness.

Liebling:-))) said:

Hi Liebling, wow you did so wonderful on those. Butterflies are so pretty.

jillio said:
I do knitting mostly, learned when little girl. Taught some kids at St Rita School for the Deaf to do knitting, but hard to talk to them and knit too!

Hi Jillio, I didnt teach anyone how do crochet. Noone ask me about it. What do you mean about hard to talk to them?

When I was in high school, we were required to buy slide rules for our algebra class. I couldn't afford a nice leather case for mine like the other kids had. So, I crocheted one, ha, ha! (After more than 37 years, I still have it.)

Attachments

• crochet1.jpg
    crochet1.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 8
Reba said:
Ah, you do delicate craft crocheting. Very nice! :) I know some ladies crochet angels for Christmas tree decorations. I think they soak them in starch for extra stiffness.

Thank you... :)

Yes, I crochet angels, bells and small stars and then soak them in warm water with sugar for stiffness...

Thank you, ghsh1996 :)

ghsh1996 said:
My opition, Crochet is more easy than Knitting. Some people say crochet is more easy than knitting because two hand with two needle are so hard to do. Crochet only use one hand with one hook. My grandma was so good with knitting. She thought crochet was hard for her.

personally, I agree with your grandmother... I think knitting's easier than crocheting. and I've tried both.

knitting is SO relaxing.... I just knit and let my thoughts take over. I wish I knew how to do more with knitting, because all I make are scarves :)

ghsh1996 said:
Hi Jillio, I didnt teach anyone how do crochet. Noone ask me about it. What do you mean about hard to talk to them?
Knit takes two hands. Have to put knitting down in lap in order to sign, then pick knittting back up. If anyone knows easier way, please tell me.

Back