credit report...

C

coloravalanche

A friend of mine advised for me to check into my credit report every year to see if it is an error or correct or whatever...I was checking on the internet...I notice when I click free credit report...they require for me to give my social security number, mother's maiden name, etc...I didnt fool with it and decided to ask you all about this...I would never give out my social security info and such as...

How do I search for my credit report? How does this work? I need to findout if my former lawyer did his job and got rid of my past credits when I filed for bankruptcy...

This is the link from the Federal Trade Commission website.
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/credit/freereports.htm

You are entitled to one free copy from each of the three credit reporting bureaus per year. If you pull from one, you can wait 90 days, pull from another, wait 90 days, then pull from the last bureau and in this way you can see your credit every three months if you want (or you can pull all three at once and wait a year between reports.)

Yes, you will have to input information like your SSN and other identifying information so the bureau can determine it is REALLY you pulling the report. It's very secure.

Here are some tips:

1. Any reporting site that asks for a checking account number or credit card number either costs money or is trying to rip you off. You don't need to bother with them, just follow the link above.

2. Any site that sends you unsolicited e-mails asking you to log in and supply identifying information is probably a scam.

If you follow the link above, you will be sure you are going to a secure site that is not a scam.

Remember, bankruptcy does not make debts disappear from your credit report in most cases - it just makes it so the creditors can't come after you, and a bankruptcy will stay on your report for ten years. Any other information that is ACCURATE can stay on your report for 7 years from the original date of the debt. Take the time to dispute anything you find that is incorrectly reported.

coloravalanche said:
A friend of mine advised for me to check into my credit report every year to see if it is an error or correct or whatever...I was checking on the internet...I notice when I click free credit report...they require for me to give my social security number, mother's maiden name, etc...I didnt fool with it and decided to ask you all about this...I would never give out my social security info and such as...

How do I search for my credit report? How does this work? I need to findout if my former lawyer did his job and got rid of my past credits when I filed for bankruptcy...

If you are Bankrutcy then wait 10 yrs! but you can call and keep check it up if you are clean up your credit cards bad history. My sister filed bankrutcy 2 times OUCH!!! for 20yrs!! :roll: I scold her be carefully! because I never been BANKRUTCY my life before!! if I not enough money pay credit pay and control pay 20 dollars for short time be patient then after that I can afford it.

What depend your history, They are very picky your count and viewed history. Or you can call Bureau, agreed with Morrigan Tait! Or you can call Credit reports. If you can give social security info then no worry You have PC-Cillin then no plm!! PC- Cillin is very best SECURITY!! I always ordered ebay and other online since no plm because of wonderful PC-Cillin!!! I typed a computer new memeber credit card any stores. I got new credit card any stores then NO PLM!!!

WWW.PC-Cillin.com TRUST ME!!! :thumb:

i use www.freecreditreport.com as the mortgage bank recommend me to check them.. since if they check your credit scores the credit scores will go down. so they suggust me to check them myself and print out the copy and give them, so the credit score won't go down.

ofc you have to enter ur ssn. that's how they determine your credit score.

EagleCherokee63 said:
If you are Bankrutcy then wait 10 yrs! but you can call and keep check it up if you are clean up your credit cards bad history.

It's important to consider if she has a chapter 7 or 13 bankruptcy. Both are different and have different impacts.

I use as deafscuba say. Its does work for us. Its really helpful. We do keep checking ours every 6 months or 1 years.

coloravalanche, I clean up file in credit card. I found it You can call Credit Bureau 800.234.3867. You can any question them.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
i use www.freecreditreport.com as the mortgage bank recommend me to check them.. ofc you have to enter ur ssn. that's how they determine your credit score.
Please be aware that freecreditreport.com only pull ONE credit report free, IF you sign up for a credit checking service with them which costs $$$$$.

Unless you absolutely MUST see your "Credit Score" (which is not the same as your credit report) there is no reason you should have to pay for anything. Your report is free,once per year, from each of the credit reporting bureaus, and free anytime you get turned down for credit (no matter how many times a year you get turned down).

Back