#$%!@#$%$@ credit card pre-paid..

GA, I understand your mad its a horrible thing when they don't accept the credit card pre-paid. I just hope it will work for future purchases online or wherever :hug: hang in there hope your problem will be solved through your bank.

Renting a car can be a headache. If you have, at least, $5,000 pre-paid or in your account (atm/bank/check), you shouldn't have a problem.

You don't have to have at least 5 thousands in the bank to rent a car. I've rent cars b4 with my banking debit card, no problem but with pre-paid credit card yes cause they do not take that, only regular credit card.

Yes I do have debit card.. actually we don't want use those reason avoid overdraft.. LOL we want keep alive stayed above avoid the overdraft.. :D

:hmm: Hey Did you know that....

Go check your bank.. Why??

I do have accounts of my bank

Here example...

I have regular personal check and AtM debit card BUT I do have my bank's own credit card**for only emergency**...

If my Personal check or Atm debit get low or bounce BUT my bank credit card will take over of it and won't charge me overdraft!:D:D

Now you calling your own bank and see if they re have credit card.. Yes then asking them that bank credit card hook up with your atm debit or personal check account.. If your debit or personal check with under balance then bank credit card will take coverage and won't overdraft!! :D

After that you pay off bank credit card and put more money in your debit or check account!! that's it!

Good Luck

If your bank don't have then go find another bank!

Prep paying credit cards are debit cards its the same way as putting money in the bank using an ATM card. I don't tell people that its a pre paying credit card, I tell people its a debit card. I have 3 pre paying credit cards and never had a problem using either of my 3 cards. Its important to keep checking the balance of your pre paying card because some pre paying card takes out a monthly fee of 4.99 or so, while some pre paying cards has no fee.

When you order items on line don't put down using cc you put down using a debit card. It works every time.

Yes I understand what you mean, GA because I myself have one.

Yes, it's not very common to accept pre-paid credit card to any companies but credit card, debit card or transfer wire only. We use transfer wire mostly than credit and debit card.

The credit card pre-paid is only for draw the money from ANY bank automaic or from bank with free charge... That's all.

We put some of our money into pre-paid credit card because they pay better % interest than bank saving book. They gave me PIN number for pre-paid credit card then I can draw the money from ANY bank automaic everywhere in the world without interest charge. I would get charge if I use credit card without credit pre-paid card that's why we prefer to put money in pre-paid credit card for case if we visit anywhere out of Germany then I won't get charge if I draw the money from pre-paid credit card.

If, the debt has been taken care of and the credit reporting agency is not reporting it correctly then you need to talk to the Credit Report Beaura and have them correct their records to make sure that your credit report is accurate. For example if you were at fault and did not pay the auto loan as agreed then that information will be on your record for 7 years. You may want to apply for a pre-paid credit card or secured credit card. These are e available for people with insufficient or bad credit.

When I was getting divorce, my debts went up to the sky $20,000 K in the past 11 years ago. I did debt consolidation, I wanted to get out of debt it is pretty easy with a debt consolidation plan. I paid approx $130 dollars to the bank when I applied consolidation loan. It was very helpful because they paid off all my 5 credit cards and loan. Oh gosh, I love the consolidation loan. I strongly recommend you get as much information as possible online or go to your bank to application for the loan, it call “Debt Consolidation".

That will help your credit score increase highly. :)

:hmm: Hey Did you know that....

Go check your bank.. Why??

I do have accounts of my bank

Here example...

I have regular personal check and AtM debit card BUT I do have my bank's own credit card**for only emergency**...

If my Personal check or Atm debit get low or bounce BUT my bank credit card will take over of it and won't charge me overdraft!:D:D

Now you calling your own bank and see if they re have credit card.. Yes then asking them that bank credit card hook up with your atm debit or personal check account.. If your debit or personal check with under balance then bank credit card will take coverage and won't overdraft!! :D

After that you pay off bank credit card and put more money in your debit or check account!! that's it!

Good Luck

If your bank don't have then go find another bank!

Or you have a saving account. That what I do open a saving account and then when my checking account get low then I go online to transfer fund from saving to checking. It help alot but sometimes the bank does that for me for a charge so I do it myself most of the time to avoid charges. I love having online banking.

Phillips, yeah brilliant idea but in my bank doesn't provide like this exactly like yours.. Sad!

Only charge me for overdraft fee by monthly.. that's all... That why I avoid use overdraft.. (chuckles)

Oh thats terrrrrible, GA!
I understand your frustration! thats why i hate credit
cards...i only have just one and i rarely use it as the
interest rate is too dang high! Im afraid of prepaid ones too!
I had a credit card company BILLED me for a card that i didnt
even activate! I was sooo pissed so i called them and told them
to cancel my account as i was not going to pay for the annual
fee or nothing! Boy! they will rip you off for any little thing even
you dont use the dang card! c r i k e y!! :pissed:

I don't understand how a "credit" card can be prepaid. "Credit" means borrowing money and then paying it back. If it's your own money then how can that be considered a "credit" card? Why not just use a debit card for purchases?

I can understand why car rentals don't accept prepaid "credit" cards because they have no way to "lock in" a dollar amount that is above the actual amount of what is on the card. Also, $200 on a card doesn't protect them from losses on a $20,000 car.

Motels do the same thing. They "lock in" more money for a certain time period than what the "guest" might actually stay. That's the reason they require charge cards, so they have a deeper pocket to dig into in case the guest skips out.

Phillips, yeah brilliant idea but in my bank doesn't provide like this exactly like yours.. Sad!

Only charge me for overdraft fee by monthly.. that's all... That why I avoid use overdraft.. (chuckles)

Understood...

Credit card pre-paid is not for you when you are not able to transfer money from Bank to credit card pre-paid for add good interest when you already have overdraft on your bank account.

Best way to use credit card with limit ... spend what necassary until month wage come to your bank then transfer how much you spend in whole month to credit card company. I do have credit card but I don't pay monthly for credit card because I hate to pay % interest but just send me month credit statement to let me know how much I spend in whole month then transfer money from my bank to credit card company full instead of every month with extra interest.

Understood...

Credit card pre-paid is not for you when you are not able to transfer money from Bank to credit card pre-paid for add good interest when you already have overdraft on your bank account.

Best way to use credit card with limit ... spend what necassary until month wage come to your bank then transfer how much you spend in whole month to credit card company. I do have credit card but I don't pay monthly for credit card because I hate to pay % interest but just send me month credit statement to let me know how much I spend in whole month then transfer money from my bank to credit card company full instead of every month with extra interest.

Yeah, that why I avoid use credit card... prefer use credit card pre paid but quite little more sucks since few days from now... :(

I don't understand how a "credit" card can be prepaid. "Credit" means borrowing money and then paying it back. If it's your own money then how can that be considered a "credit" card? Why not just use a debit card for purchases?

The reason is because there're better interest in credit prepaid than bank saving book.

I transfer some of my saving to credit card prepaid to get pretty profit from % interest. I can draw the money from any bank automant or bank everywhere in the world without charge. I do not need to get extra charge if I need to draw the money from bank in America with credit card prepaid because I have money in credit preicard. I would get charge if I use just credit card to get money in America or anywhere... I prefer to use credit prepaid when I visit anywhere out of Germany.

I hope you understand what I am trying to explain?

If, the debt has been taken care of and the credit reporting agency is not reporting it correctly then you need to talk to the Credit Report Beaura and have them correct their records to make sure that your credit report is accurate. For example if you were at fault and did not pay the auto loan as agreed then that information will be on your record for 7 years. You may want to apply for a pre-paid credit card or secured credit card. These are e available for people with insufficient or bad credit.

You're comparing prepaid credit/debit cards to regular credit cards. For prepaid credit/debit card, there's no credit checks, no filling out an application no bills, no interest charge and no bank account is required. You buy the prepaid credit/debit cards at most stores then load any amount of money you want to put into the card, it's the same way as if you're depositing money into your saving or checking account. you'll have to pay additional fees every time you deposit more cash into your prepaid card and monthly maintenance fee also.

https://www.greendotonline.com/contents/login.aspx << (This is what I have)

I can understand why car rentals don't accept prepaid "credit" cards because they have no way to "lock in" a dollar amount that is above the actual amount of what is on the card. Also, $200 on a card doesn't protect them from losses on a $20,000 car.

Motels do the same thing. They "lock in" more money for a certain time period than what the "guest" might actually stay. That's the reason they require charge cards, so they have a deeper pocket to dig into in case the guest skips out.

Right Reba.

The reason is because there're better interest in credit prepaid than bank saving book.

I transfer some of my saving to credit card prepaid to get pretty profit from % interest. I can draw the money from any bank automant or bank everywhere in the world without charge. I do not need to get extra charge if I need to draw the money from bank in America with credit card prepaid because I have money in credit preicard. I would get charge if I use just credit card to get money in America or anywhere... I prefer to use credit prepaid when I visit anywhere out of Germany.

I hope you understand what I am trying to explain?
Is it the same in America?

I have a debit card from my credit union. I get interest dividends on my savings account. My debit card draws from my checking account. There are no fees for my accounts unless I overdraft. I've never done that, so I pay no fees. If I use a credit card (which I use only to reserve rental cars or motel rooms; I pay for them in cash) I don't earn any interest from that. We use Paypal for our eBay transactions.

So, prepaid credit cards accumulate more savings interest than a bank account? I guess that would be a good benefit, yes. :)

... you'll have to pay additional fees every time you deposit more cash into your prepaid card and monthly maintenance fee also....
That's what confuses me. That's an extra expense. Leibling said that she gets better interest than regular savings account. :confused:

That's what confuses me. That's an extra expense. Leibling said that she gets better interest than regular savings account. :confused:

I can not speak for Liebling but for myself if I'm going to upload more money onto the card, I have to pay $4.95

wow Defee

*knock the wood* I have my debit card for almost 8 years. I don't have any problem with my debit card.

It is scared out there nowadays hackers to steal our money. :Ohno:

Defee, Oh my dear..
Since have not happen like this..
I'll keep eye on my cards in my purse all the time.. but kids doesn't know my pin # which that great news.. My hubby or I refused front my kids in the bank or atm or else.. *REFUSED* I kept stare my kid.. why r u here? My kid was kind pissy but have to walk far distance from me or my hubby while buying something on cashier transaction.

Back