Created my own first website for my hearing father.

☆D3AFN3SS1337☆

Reaction score
Finally, I made my own first site for my dad. He offered me a job for his book, so I accepted and tried to do my best for the first time. In almost one week, I had problems with those link buttons and uploading on godaddy.com... Now I have understood with those HTML and etc. I feel so proud of myself. Well, if you find any problems please tell me! And tell me what you think about this site.
Main Page2
(This may be not full deaf website, but his own book has few stories about me and good deaf things in my father's life.)
(Books will be released in Feb or March, but you can buy it on website now. I'm not making you to buy. ^^;)

The website looks not too bad. But just a heads up the website title on the tab - "Main Page2' should be 'The confession of a car salesman' or whatever it should be called for the website, you know?

It looks nice.

Here are a few suggestions...

When designing a webpage, you should follow CRAP. That's Color, Repetition, Alignment, and Proximity.

On the top left corner, you have "Confessions of a Car Saleman"...

You spelled "Saleman" when it should be "Salesman".

You used shadowed fonts for "Confessions" and "Car Saleman", then used beveled fonts for "of a". It's recommended that one type and style be used for different groups to make it easier to read and easily identifiable. For instance, one type for menu items... for headers... for general text... for footers... etc. (This follows 'R'. Repeat the same thing for everything that's the same. So, everything in the logo should be the same.)

For the menu, you used "Back Cover" and "1st Chapter".

The source involves upper-case and lower-case letters...

BackCover.html
FirstChapter.html

It is recommended that all are lower-case to reduce confusion and problems with loading the page. (This is also 'R'. All letters should be lower-case or upper-case. In this case, all lower-case.)

The title of the page is "Main Page2". I suggest you rename it to something like "Confessions of a Car Salesman".

I clicked on "Back Cover" and "1st Chapter".

Both pages have text that is actually an image.

I suggest that real text be used instead of images. If a person views this website and their browser doesn't handle images well (or turned off), then the text won't appear or would appear distorted. Right now, they look distorted to me.

Both text are aligned differently, different fonts, and different sizes.

aligned left, Sans Serif font, size 12
aligned center, Times Roman font, size 10

All general text should be the same size, font, and alignment. (This is 'R' and 'A'. Repeat the same font, size, and alignment for all general text.)

One text is very wide and almost touches the left menu. One text is very narrow and leaves a lot of space on the left. Both should be the same width. (This is 'P'.)

Have you considered using tables manually instead of letting your program do it for you?

Other than that, it looks good. I like the idea. :)

It looks nice.

Here are a few suggestions...

When designing a webpage, you should follow CRAP. That's Color, Repetition, Alignment, and Proximity.

On the top left corner, you have "Confessions of a Car Saleman"...

You spelled "Saleman" when it should be "Salesman".

You used shadowed fonts for "Confessions" and "Car Saleman", then used beveled fonts for "of a". It's recommended that one type and style be used for different groups to make it easier to read and easily identifiable. For instance, one type for menu items... for headers... for general text... for footers... etc. (This follows 'R'. Repeat the same thing for everything that's the same. So, everything in the logo should be the same.)

For the menu, you used "Back Cover" and "1st Chapter".

The source involves upper-case and lower-case letters...

BackCover.html
FirstChapter.html

It is recommended that all are lower-case to reduce confusion and problems with loading the page. (This is also 'R'. All letters should be lower-case or upper-case. In this case, all lower-case.)

The title of the page is "Main Page2". I suggest you rename it to something like "Confessions of a Car Salesman".

I clicked on "Back Cover" and "1st Chapter".

Both pages have text that is actually an image.

I suggest that real text be used instead of images. If a person views this website and their browser doesn't handle images well (or turned off), then the text won't appear or would appear distorted. Right now, they look distorted to me.

Both text are aligned differently, different fonts, and different sizes.

aligned left, Sans Serif font, size 12
aligned center, Times Roman font, size 10

All general text should be the same size, font, and alignment. (This is 'R' and 'A'. Repeat the same font, size, and alignment for all general text.)

One text is very wide and almost touches the left menu. One text is very narrow and leaves a lot of space on the left. Both should be the same width. (This is 'P'.)

Have you considered using tables manually instead of letting your program do it for you?

Other than that, it looks good. I like the idea. :)

Thats is what I thought as well.

Back