Crazy Girl Here! :)

horsecrazy

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and am interested in learning more about other people's opinion about certain issues. I'm classified as profoundly deaf though I don't seem like it having lived among the hearing population my whole life with little contact with other deaf people.

I have this strong desire to accomplish a dream of mine that I've had since I was 14 years old (I'm 24 now) to join the military. Used to be that deaf people could join back during the 1800's and possibly early 1900's and now they can't but I would like to change that. My boyfriend doesn't see why I can't do it (he's in the army) since the only thing that is "wrong" with me is my hearing loss. Although now that we've been together for several months he really doesn't want me to join. haha.. :) Getting protective of me. I'm wondering if anyone share the same opinion as me as I would like to get more people involved in changing this. It would open up a new world for us.

Sorry if anyone feels offended by this but I'm tired of being treated as a "retarded" person by so many people because I'm denied a lot of basic rights that should have been granted to me because of my experiences. :cry:

See you around in the forums. :cool2:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I know it is hard when it comes to untraditional career hoping that you can do it without relying on someone to do for you but when you have profound hearing loss, then it would be best to have someone be there with you as your ear every time you are in the combat training or in the real war. I don't know much about in the army or in any military life. Wish you can find something you like in the army. Glad you are here and enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. You, too, see you around. :wave:

Back