Craiglist threat

Usually I post ads where someone responds, and they knock and get it, but this time I was busy and posted the address as a curb alert... Ill never do that again.
I was waiting for the guy to come collect his can of Whoop Azz, but sadly he never showed...lol

Yeah. I would never do curb alert. Heck, just put it to curb and let vermins get them.

I've bought motorcycle through Craiglists.org even helped my friend buy similiar motorcycle there too. Had no problem at all. To be honest, Craiglist threat are hit/miss situation. I am cautious about it as well. If I sell something, I would rather meet halfway in public area. In case if there anything goes wrong, I can just get away with it.

Sonocativo,

Sound like someone was competing against others trying to grab scrap metals. It's way too stupid of them for threaten you over scrap metal that you are getting rid of. It must be someone who are mentally ill or overzealous.

If I were you, I would not post Craigslist. just leave it on curb and whoever drives by would grab it and it's done deal.

I usually haul scrap metals I have in garage to scrapyard and have it weighted. I earned $13 for scraps for profit.

Some subdivision or area have "Junk Day" once a year when you can dump junks and scrap. You can watch crazy jerks with old truck, cars or hauling with trailer overloaded junks piles up on top of their vehicle. I've seen one guy piled junk scraps and tied down on top of hood, roof of his station wagon. Even other guy drove doing same thing piled up on his truck hood, roof and trailer chock full of scrap metals. It looked so dangerous in a way hauling junks. I sure hoped cops pulled them over and write them up for overloading junks.

Sometime they are lucky snapping up good stuff like good working mowers, minibike, go-carts, and some powerful rideable toys and they can sell them and make good $$'s out if it.

I sometime snatch some stuff on my way when I see them such as weedeater. I fixed it and it works great and been reliable. Don't understand why they threw away perfectly good weedeaters. I got really lucky snached up Cruizin Cooler (electric riding cooler chest with scooter wheels) and I fixed just few things and it works great. Still have it in my garage. :lol:

http://www.qualityhomeproducts.net/images/P/8572 cooler.jpg

Catty

I've bought motorcycle through Craiglists.org even helped my friend buy similiar motorcycle there too. Had no problem at all. To be honest, Craiglist threat are hit/miss situation. I am cautious about it as well. If I sell something, I would rather meet halfway in public area. In case if there anything goes wrong, I can just get away with it.

Sonocativo,

Sound like someone was competing against others trying to grab scrap metals. It's way too stupid of them for threaten you over scrap metal that you are getting rid of. It must be someone who are mentally ill or overzealous.

If I were you, I would not post Craigslist. just leave it on curb and whoever drives by would grab it and it's done deal.

I usually haul scrap metals I have in garage to scrapyard and have it weighted. I earned $13 for scraps for profit.

Some subdivision or area have "Junk Day" once a year when you can dump junks and scrap. You can watch crazy jerks with old truck, cars or hauling with trailer overloaded junks piles up on top of their vehicle. I've seen one guy piled junk scraps and tied down on top of hood, roof of his station wagon. Even other guy drove doing same thing piled up on his truck hood, roof and trailer chock full of scrap metals. It looked so dangerous in a way hauling junks. I sure hoped cops pulled them over and write them up for overloading junks.

Sometime they are lucky snapping up good stuff like good working mowers, minibike, go-carts, and some powerful rideable toys and they can sell them and make good $$'s out if it.

I sometime snatch some stuff on my way when I see them such as weedeater. I fixed it and it works great and been reliable. Don't understand why they threw away perfectly good weedeaters. I got really lucky snached up Cruizin Cooler (electric riding cooler chest with scooter wheels) and I fixed just few things and it works great. Still have it in my garage. :lol:

http://www.qualityhomeproducts.net/images/P/8572 cooler.jpg

Catty

Yeah, its just my "wife" is getting all anal about me being here, so she didnt want the scrap sitting in front of her house, it was just the fastest way to get rid of it here.
I have posted scrap metal ads before and a guy came to get a scrap VW bug body, since I had a baja I built, I just wanted the extra motor/transaxle, the body was stripped and rusted anyways so wasnt of any use to me. Ive always had good luck on craigslist and this was the first threat I have ever gotten, My wife laughed and said she would like to see the fool pick a fight with me ( she says I dont know my strength as well as I think I do...lol )

I would have been well-protected here in gun-liberal Texas. I would still have to PROVE it and no matter what... that means $$$. Justifiably shooting someone is STILL very expensive.

Absolutely correct on pursuing out to shoot. Carrying is a HUGE responsibility.

Eeeekkkkkkkkkkk that's scary....Even scarier is that a mentally ILL person was able to get a gun!

I remember when I was at work, I was reading through Craigslist on a break. A young man or woman was inviting people to watch her/him diaper their drugged up grandfather. They wrote that he was out of it and wouldn't know who was there anyway. I read it twice because I thought it was a joke and realized it wasn't. So I contacted the police in the poster's district and sent them a copy of the ad with the link. People are sick....

Laura

I remember when I was at work, I was reading through Craigslist on a break. A young man or woman was inviting people to watch her/him diaper their drugged up grandfather. They wrote that he was out of it and wouldn't know who was there anyway. I read it twice because I thought it was a joke and realized it wasn't. So I contacted the police in the poster's district and sent them a copy of the ad with the link. People are sick....

Laura

That is sick!...I do remember this elderly lady that shared a room with me in the hospital...she came in 2 days after I did...and they had to put diapers on her...I had never seen this done on an adult, and it was shocking....The nurses didn't pull the curtain fully, so I did get an eye full...and I left the room...Very sweet old lady...and reduced to this having to happen to her....

That is sick!...I do remember this elderly lady that shared a room with me in the hospital...she came in 2 days after I did...and they had to put diapers on her...I had never seen this done on an adult, and it was shocking....The nurses didn't pull the curtain fully, so I did get an eye full...and I left the room...Very sweet old lady...and reduced to this having to happen to her....

I would have reported the nurses. That shouldn't have happend to anyone. Poor woman....

Back