Crafts

Beading
Making Candles
Sewing

Those are the most stuff I do..

I loveeeee Crafts!!

I can make wooden shelves , buying nice and old vases , adding flowers into it or buying baskets to fill stuff in ( flowers , plants , etc ) , I also make wreaths too, and also I do cross stitches and cake decorating ...( I have done birthday cakes for my boys , and their school parties too )...I am learning how to sew *growls*, it takes forever to firgure out how to use a sewing machine LOL!

Soon, I am going to learn how to make candles in July....Malfoyish is going to teach me how to do that and that will be my next step in learning how to make candles into crafts

^Angel^ said:
Soon, I am going to learn how to make candles in July....Malfoyish is going to teach me how to do that and that will be my next step in learning how to make candles into crafts

Yeppers, we're going to have a nice candle-making party!!!! :) Hey, we gotta save something to do if it rains...or it's too dark to hit the beach. We'll post a picture of the end product, of course!

Does anyone here do any of the "ancient" crafts?

I do: blacksmithing, some bow making (as in bowyer/fletcher, you know - bows and arrows) and calligraphy.

My wife does: blacksmithing, silversmithing and stained glass (glazier).

BTW if anyone is interested in trying blacksmithing there's a major public demo happening (Age of Iron) at the Hancock Shaker Village in Hancock, MA on June 26th & 27th. The public can try their hand blacksmithing in the "Green Coal" area. At least 3 of the blacksmith demonstrators know some ASL.

TinyStrawberry said:
Beading
Making Candles
Sewing

Those are the most stuff I do..

Ooooo U make Candles do u make Apple Cinnamon? If so do u have a catalog I would Look at and Order? psst. I might go overboard when it comes with Candles.. heh!

hello cheri, i am very new to this community it just so happend that i am searching for travelling experiences, about dogs and crocheting , when i found this website, i am into crocheting, i make a lot of home decors which i crocheted using thread only, i have not expereinced using yarn since yarns of beutiful quality which can be use to crochet is not available in my country, right now i am trying to crochet ponchos , i juts finished 2 and one was already shipped to texas .. i have some pictures posted in my photo gallery but it is still new so there are still few of my work displayed there. hope that someday i can give you one piece to decorate in your country home

i am crocheting and adding beads into my crochet work , beading is one of the crafts whihc i really liek to learn and also candle making, but its too much expensive to maintain too mnay hobbies. I am making npw ponchos made of thread embellished with beads . hope you see some of my work soon.

* draw/paint (been a while)
* scrapbooking (lost time bec of two boys)
* sew - reupholster furnitures - refurnish/varnish old antqiue furntiures that needs to be vamped up.
* bake sugar cookies and decorate them with all colors, candies, etc.
* graphics at home such as baby annoucements, weddings, etc.

counted crossstitch
crocheting
knitting (only x-mas stocking)
sewing
paint the walls and cabinet

I havent done anything lately. :(

cheri , you can making your own candle ... just need double boiling pans ... one for melting candles.. one for water boiling ... and wicked candle stick ... and apple candy flavor , cinnamon candy flavor ... after candles melting.. drop 3 times of apple .. then 2 drops of cinnamon.. using wooden ruler , to stir up like 30 seconds.. put a wicked candle stick in the food jar like baby jar or vegetable jars then remove the heating , pour gentle in that jar.. let's cool for an hour or so .. then you may add design fabric like circle for top of lid! and make ribbon, bow around it.. tie the bow! .. add tag on it .. that's it! .. easy!! wink

TOF

MY HOBBY CRAFTS ARE:

* Plastic Canvas

* cross stitch

* making pillows by fabric sheets, poly cottons stuffing

* candles

* homemade , decorating wreathes , I used to collecting all branches, to make wreathes .. i havent done that for 3 years now! dang, one day i will .. :)

* flower swaps , vine swaps , flower decorations in vases, baskets , others!

* homemade glass-stained : add black paint in white glue, shaking as well like 15 minutes... ......... you have to drawing anything on cardboard or white cardboard ... then using black glue point / following the trace .... when it done.. let them dry all night! then next day , do waterproof painting , painting painting! .. then let it dry all night again.. then add wooden frame on it! and HANGING It up on wall!

more more, i can't think what i done.. haha!

TOF

Cross stitch
cake decorate (been cake decorator at work for few yrs)
scrapbooks

Really wanna to learn how to do quilts I have hard time with it :lol:

PW

I do scrapbooking, stamping, cardmaking, jewelry, beading and needlepoint... in extreme cases will I sew a quilt square...just to keep my mother off my back.

I make Wood Carvings. Signs mostly. Since I like Kustom Kulture, Ol' Skool Rodz & Choppaz. I make signs like the famous Von Dutch Flying Eyeball. For my "Billard Room". I made a Flaming Cueball & a Sacared Heart. I make them as gifts for friends too. One girl I made a rebel flag heart with a crown & flames. Her name is on the crown. Came out really nice. It is really nice to hand make gifts for friends... :cool:

My first degree was in Art and I dabbled in most mediums while in college. I made a plaster cast of my foot for a "footcandle", worked with pastels, watercolors, charcoal, pen and ink and photography. One of my favorites was the pen and ink. I still have some of those somewhere. I married while in college and my wife and I were pretty poor, so we made all of our Christmas gifts every year. We earned extra money making natural wreaths too.

After college, I went for more money. Starving artist is O.K. for a while, but the money was in commercial art. I worked in the printing of four-color-process magazines, then did drafting, design, photography for a company printing on metal. Then I did advertising design and layout work.

I took a break from commercial art in the mid-eighties and started doing construction work, again for more money, until an injury sent me back to college for another degree, Engineering drafting and design with emphasis on AutoCAD. Then I guess I returned to commercial art of a sort doing archetectural plans, civil engineering plans, and machine design blueprints while doing patent illustrations (technical art) on the side at home. That all got me back into doing pen and ink drawings again, this time for fun. I even had some t-shirts printed with my designs on them.

Then I worked as a manufacturing engineer for an auto manufacturer. I ran their CAD systems, designed parts and manufacturing processes for them, and even had a hand in designing the Toyota, Nissan, and Chevy Avalanche grilles.

All during this time I was interested in history so I did "experimental archeology". I made copies of old Native American pottery, knapped flint arrowheads, made traditional leather clothes, etc., and participated in pre-1840 re-enactments.

A lot of this was "applied art", using skills from all the way back to high school.

I loved to do cross sitching with my grandma when I was little..need to go back to that asap since I am itching to do it again!

My uncle and aunt owns the candle company and they make candies.. they can make any kinds of candles and yes make them out of colonge and pefumes.. If you want their catalog and order.. please pm me for the information. I get the free ones alot and it just smells so good.

I would love to try some new crafts soon. :)

WildKaTReSS said:
I loved to do cross sitching with my grandma when I was little..need to go back to that asap since I am itching to do it again!

My uncle and aunt owns the candle company and they make candies.. they can make any kinds of candles and yes make them out of colonge and pefumes.. If you want their catalog and order.. please pm me for the information. I get the free ones alot and it just smells so good.

I would love to try some new crafts soon. :)
hey i wanna know if u can send me a book so see if i can order it???? :fingersx:

:tears: God did not grant me any craft skills. I ve tried and tried but I am a klutz and uncreative when it comes to crafts.

I dont even know how to hem or sew a button back. Recently my girls came with a tear in their jeans and I didn't even know how to mend a rip :(

I truly truly love art & crafts - am a huge fan of art and craft shows etc. I love collecting quilts and mosiac art. Just that I can't create it from my soul :(

You guys are lucky!

TongueOnFire said:
cheri , you can making your own candle ... just need double boiling pans ... one for melting candles.. one for water boiling ... and wicked candle stick ... and apple candy flavor , cinnamon candy flavor ... after candles melting.. drop 3 times of apple .. then 2 drops of cinnamon.. using wooden ruler , to stir up like 30 seconds.. put a wicked candle stick in the food jar like baby jar or vegetable jars then remove the heating , pour gentle in that jar.. let's cool for an hour or so .. then you may add design fabric like circle for top of lid! and make ribbon, bow around it.. tie the bow! .. add tag on it .. that's it! .. easy!! wink

TOF

Ah! Thanks TongueonFire Hon! :hug: I will do that, Let u know how I make out. :ily:

Back