Crackberry Addiction

Well Im now a full-blown crackberry addict for a week since I got my Storm.

I cant even be without it for even a second. I check the Storm for SMS's, and emails like every 10 mins.

Damn I was right. The LG EnV I had before the Storm was like starting out with Mary Jane. Now that since I joined the Crackberry army, I'm nearing to be on the "hardboiled addict" category :rofl:

Even I named my Storm "Gale" after the 1940's actress Gale Storm. Her World War II pin-up pic is now the wallpaper on that crackberry :)

I have been a proud Crackberry since I started using RIM 950 in March 2002. Right now I am using Blackberry 87002 and I am using it to text my friends, family, boss and fellow workers, reading news, playing games, checking bus schedules, using Internet, and many more!

I know some people who are seriously addicted to using those things.

I knew a guy at RIT who was so addicted that while we were playing cards (him, me, and another friend), he was too focused on his Blackberry.

Whenever it was his turn, he was always so slow to play. So, I took it away from him. Suddenly, his face looked like a 2-year-old who was about to cry... completely lost... without his mommy... and couldn't do anything else. After a few minutes, I gave it back to him. Boy, what an addiction!

Ironically, that same night when I went back to my room... I saw a commercial on television for the new Blackberry with a guy who acted just like him!

Sadly, Blackberry addiction has gotten so bad that people will do anything to get it back!

Just How Far Does BlackBerry Addiction Go? - Mobile Blog - InformationWeek

Blackberry Addiction - Video

I like my BB but I do not understand such addiction like people constantly checking BB every couple min for emails and etc. Playing game or surfing the net in BB is not really addiction to me but to constantly check it for emails/txts is ridiculous. I mean - that's why I have notification programmed such as vibrate and LED flashing and that's how I know when to check my BB.

I like my BB but I do not understand such addiction like people constantly checking BB every couple min for emails and etc. Playing game or surfing the net in BB is not really addiction to me but to constantly check it for emails/txts is ridiculous. I mean - that's why I have notification programmed such as vibrate and LED flashing and that's how I know when to check my BB.
Ditto.

I knew someone who once rang up a $500 phone bill because she was addicted to those online games on her cell phone. :roll:

I've also gone out with some friends and there's almost always someone who is so obsessed with their mobile device that they constantly check it every few minutes and spend more time looking at them than their friends. :roll:

One time, I went to a banquet. The chairperson of that banquet made a secret announcement about the next banquet. By the time the banquet was over, everyone else knew about the next banquet because someone in the banquet had her eyes glued to her mobile device telling everyone everything as it came up. :eek:

I am glad that I am not addict to people blah blah blah on me all the times, every minute :roll:

There's plenty better habits to pick! :D

I am glad that I am not addict to people blah blah blah on me all the times, every minute :roll:

There's plenty better habits to pick! :D

If you buy BB then you will really addict.

I'm addicted to my BB lol. though I'm also really tempted to try out the G1 once their bugs get ironed out.

I'm trying to figure out if I could save up money to buy a Blackberry 8900 Javelin when it comes out in a few months. Like the curve on steroid lol.

I'm a crackberry addict -- I do love my BB! But I'm like Jiro - I don't constantly check it either. I let the vibrate or red flashing light alert me. But I always have it on me and I text, email, surf the web, check calendar, use addy book, etc. so it gets a lot of use out of it!

I'm a crackberry addict -- I do love my BB! But I'm like Jiro - I don't constantly check it either. I let the vibrate or red flashing light alert me. But I always have it on me and I text, email, surf the web, check calendar, use addy book, etc. so it gets a lot of use out of it!

ah... that's not so bad at all! I meant to those who CONSTANTLY check it every few minutes especially for emails/IM/SMS even though the notification didn't go off!

I was a LONG TIME SIDEKICK user...SK1 and SK2. I decided to abandon ship and jump to BB curve with Sprint once it came out. It's pretty cool for me to have. I TEXT a lot with my family and friends and hearing friends.

Would I say that I am a crackberry addict? Hmm....I confess I am a crackberry addict, BUT I don't check it every freakin 5 minutes. I only check when phone vibrates, or If I'm at an appointment, or by myself for a lil while, I surf the net or strike up a convo with some body either text, email or IM (very very rarely)

I turned off the red flashing indicator. Eats up battery life too fast for me. Where I work, too many people associate with me, so if they see my red flasher indicator..they will know I have a msg waiting and don't need the bosses asking whats up with cell phone violation? You know..big cheese people..ugh!!

Thinking of becoming a Crackberry addict here...just have to make up my mind what I want

Focus on blackberry until it finally broke and you look at the pool.

"I don't know we have pool!"

I have BB for nearly one year now, but I know I am not addict becuz I never have it with me when I am home and I tend to forget to check for SMS or emails. O.o

I am getting better with BB than I was with my first cellphone.

I am true and blue, dye in the wool confessed Crackberry addict!! I can't live without my BB! I was always checking Email, AIM, and SMS whenever it vibrates me (I do get phantom vib "imaginary BB vibration" and I checked and there's no message)... I watch movie, browse website while I walks to or from breakroom at work. My co worker teased me that I am glued to BB everywhere I go and never hit the pole or anyone (I tend to look at corners of my eye which I'm very good at). It was not new cuz I was SK addict and did the same thing except no movie. BB Curve is currently my curse cuz of multimedia player and also even can watch Youtube video on my browser.

One good thing that I finally overcame addiction on ONE thing is text while driving!! Before BB, I had SK2 and I can type text or email or AIM without looking down on keyboard, both hands on SK2 while my knee do the driving. My kids had to yank my SK2 from me and get me to drive!! Until I got BB Curve, it's too hard to text while drive so I gave up and shuck it in cupholder of my Durango. I do that when I'm waiting at stop light, or at parking lot ect.

Catty

I am true and blue, dye in the wool confessed Crackberry addict!! I can't live without my BB! I was always checking Email, AIM, and SMS whenever it vibrates me (I do get phantom vib "imaginary BB vibration" and I checked and there's no message)... I watch movie, browse website while I walks to or from breakroom at work. My co worker teased me that I am glued to BB everywhere I go and never hit the pole or anyone (I tend to look at corners of my eye which I'm very good at). It was not new cuz I was SK addict and did the same thing except no movie. BB Curve is currently my curse cuz of multimedia player and also even can watch Youtube video on my browser.

One good thing that I finally overcame addiction on ONE thing is text while driving!! Before BB, I had SK2 and I can type text or email or AIM without looking down on keyboard, both hands on SK2 while my knee do the driving. My kids had to yank my SK2 from me and get me to drive!! Until I got BB Curve, it's too hard to text while drive so I gave up and shuck it in cupholder of my Durango. I do that when I'm waiting at stop light, or at parking lot ect.

Catty

Before I got my LG touchscreen phone, I was used to my Nokia N95 with the typing becuase it was easy but since I got the LG touchscreen, it was impossible.

Back