Courtesy and Respect at AllDeaf

Copied from http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=14107

I don't see the purpose of this thread. If you want to ignore someone, go right ahead but there's no need to announce it. Take a break if you have to, no one's forcing you to stay.

Keeping all members happy is impossible but I have to admit that the mods and I try to make it otherwise. If you don't think we're not doing our "jobs" and aren't happy with the way things are run at AD, then please feel free to leave.

The forum rules do mean something, and even though I'm a flexible guy, sometimes I don't ban some members when they should have been banned forever. So sue me. If I should ban someone for trolling or going off topic too much, then maybe I should ban the majority of our members as well. Think about it, many of us go off-topic quite often and so do I. If I should ban someone for name calling or for making rude comments, then maybe I should also ban those that talked back or for being cute just to piss the other member off. Don't report on someone to the moderators if YOU can't follow the forum rules either. You're not helping us do our jobs and you can't blame us for trying to be fair and neutral in these kind of situations.

We appreciate the reports we get from our members. I, for one, do take these reports seriously. I look at the posts reported, see if any rules have been broken, and I give out warnings if I have to. If I have warned a member more than 3 times for breaking a particular forum rule, believe me I will make sure they are banned. I have seen how member1 reports on member2 for making a rude post, but when I check the thread I also see that member2 is also making a rude post back. If member2 complains that member1 should have been banned a long time ago, then maybe I should do the same with member2. I've seen it happen a lot and, frankly, it's bullshit.

Seriously, why don't you try running your own forum before telling me that I'm not doing my job well or if my rules don't mean nothing or if AD sucks ass lately. Go ahead, create your own community and see how hard it is to try to manage a forum and all its aspects. I've seen people try and their deaf forums failed. My point is, no matter what there will be times when we can't please each and every member at AD. The moderators and I try to resolve any problems and complaints there are. Maybe not right away, because remember we have other things to do in real life, but eventually we're here for our community. Give us a chance, help us out, and let us do our jobs. Like someone said in another post, leaving AD isn't the answer.

Well said.

I admit that "in the heat of the moment", I stray from the rules at times. I am very thankful that you and the mods are understanding and flexible, and consider each situation case-by-case.

I strongly agree with your statement that "ignores" don't need posting. I can't see any reason for that other than the poster wants to get one last dig into the ignoree.

I don't envy you or the other mods your responsibility.

Keep up the good work! :hug:

Liebling:-))) said:
...I would suggest/tell the members to introduce themselves and tell them why they change their usernames. ..
Would it really make a difference? If you think about it, how do we really know the truth about each other? Except for posters who are siblings or couples, or who have met face-to-face, how do we really know that each person is who they say they are? Our personal profiles could be caricatures of ourselves, same as our avatars. Even when someone posts a photo and states, "This is a photo of me with Elvis last week", how do we know that is really the poster (obviously it is really Elvis).

This is the reason we have to take everything we see on the internet with a grain of salt.

Well, Reba

I would annonnce the members in the begin why I has to change my username. I think it would be nicer to honset them about this because they deserve honsetly and would respect you more for that. That's what I beleive in. It's me.

Some of members noticed that a person who changed username and refuse to admit it's her/him. That's what I call "2 faced" when a person denied others's word. That's what I believe in. It's me.

Thank you for clarify your post here, Alex. :mrgreen:
I understand and appreciate it very much for your post. :ty:

Liebling:-))) said:
I would annonnce the members in the begin why I has to change my username. I think it would be nicer to honset them about this because they deserve honsetly and would respect you more for that...
Yes, that would be nice. I just wouldn't lose any sleep over it if they don't. Maybe that person regrets previous posts and just wants a fresh start privately.

Let's not be too harsh on the moderators. God knows moderating is a helluva thankless job and is strictly voluntary(I think).

Tousi said:
Let's not be too harsh on the moderators. God knows moderating is a helluva thankless job and is strictly voluntary(I think).

Agree 2c...

Wendy

I understand that AD have forum rules and so forth in order to keep AD alive and going on strong without scaring some folks. That is called flaming or bashing. Almost every open discussion forum have these set of rules. I have seen all kind of stuff on the net for at least ten years.

Anyway, it is hard to maintain the balance between these rules and smiles icons, like this :madfawk: or :bj: There has to be some leeways.

Can't have both ways.

I'd like to hear your comments on my view.

I have read this thread - I agree with the rules, and it gotta be both ways as well. People who don't feel the rules apply to them but feel the rules should apply to others even if they feel pretty self-righteous... can drive anyone nuts. Poor mods doing the dirty job ;) :P In the meanwhile, I will be closely observing the rules for myself. Somebody has to take it easy on Alex and other mods! :P

*errr* I do agreed w/you more 100% but need 10% extra.
I was observing this channel...

Some of missing "somewhat" Needs to add up little spice the 1 rules extra.
Doesn't matter.. Worth great benefits the best interest for everyones looked up the following rules before registeration and also rest of other members knew about this rules why can't stop bickering?

Also seen here some of members who still obession the problem "contuine the pointing fingers againist other members" Really not necessary as long you can press the button key is.. ignore until clear it up then whatever you like.

Of course, I've been here longest old members being here and want goal this channel will come the best improve real soon..
*look forward this* (wink)

I'm speaking for Angel... (er um, Not mentioned doing for purpose)
I think I advise you before you spoke but already too late you already doing spoke.. **see following Angel's wrote**(Example what she did)

I assume you still protection RR but RR's own speak himself and rest other mod mak'n their own rules.. Isn't for you. I know you're trying to speak it out for RR.. Really not necessary.. I've read your comment the few past thread.. As on your own words speaking it out to everyones due your pointview and also don't forget rest other members will thinks "what Angel doing up to with RR about any kinds thread topic." I'm here giving you tip breath.. Just let it go... I know you wanted to this alldeaf looks sparkle... That's okay.. sound good! (wink)
example: You're can use hat off while you're on line chatt'n message board not do part with RR's postion.. His job do so.. You may back hat on and focus your sweetheart while off line... *romantic or whatever* not my business.. What do you think ? Is that good solution for you ? If not agree.. That's okay.. No problem.. up to your decision.. By the way, Sometimes I do enjoy your posting other thread. Take care! *smile*

***^Angel^ wrote: Roadrunner has worked very hard on this last month, the days and weeks he had put time into it and even late on Christmas Eve, RR is trying to help make this forum a friendly and peaceful place to be in, yet I see some of you haven't said one word about his announcement but only brought up such things by pointing fingers at two members which most of you really can't stand, when this announcement has nothing to do with the two members only as this applies to ALL of the members here...

I am very disappointed to see some of you guys haven't seen the clear picture behind the announcement but had to point fingers toward two members here when it isn't about just them two....and they already have been warned or banned in the past, I suppose that isn't enough for the few of you here, but only seeking more and more, not giving the mods or the owner a chance to work this out for everyone, to see both sides of this instead of having a group of people tagging along and jumping on those two members only! I find this totally unfair...and personally, I do not like to see anyone get banned, but that will happen from time to time when rules have been broken, but I don't see any members being warned or banned for doing some of the same things that some of you guys are pointing fingers at these two members for...

I also noticed some of you no longer talk to me, is it because I don't see it your way but the other way only? Or think I am on the two member's side and not yours. This is not about whose side I am on but being fair in this, I see it both ways, I see other members making the same mistakes too, and noticed that none of you were warned for those mistakes or rules that was broken but only those two members were, no matter who comes in this forum, we will have people coming in and out of AD who is going to cause problems once in awhile, the mods and the owner isn't going to ban every single member that you happen to dislike, it doesn't work that way, The mods and the owner has to be fair in this, they have done everything they can to be fair, but that's not enough, you guys want more and more, and still rubbing on and off about those two members, when they do have feelings and knowing how much they are hated here and that's not even nice at all....I am not going to stand here and point my fingers at any one of you members when I know all of us have done our share of mistakes, not just those two...

The point is that this thread is not about two members here, but about an announcement and hopefully each of us can do our part as outlined in the announcement...Then maybe we'll be able to see good changes taking place in here and it starts with you...and me!***

end this discussion..

I still appluase for alldeaf.com :applause: :applause:

:ugh: ... for speaking for RR and for protecting him?

Okay let me get this clear up here and this is going to be the last time I'm going to say this, when speaking up for RR's moderating duties and my loving relationship with RR, when it comes to standing up for his moderating duties like I was saying in my post here in this thread, clearly I kept his moderating duties and our relationship separate.....It makes me sad to see other members will make things harder on him or myself because of our relationship, there have been times he does tell me step back when I get into an heaten agruement in any threads or to ignore them and move onto another thread...He does removed and edit my posts if I do break a rule or two, of course I don't get mad but to respect him as a moderator of Alldeaf, he has a job to do and he does it fairly and I stand up for him because I can SEE how much he does care about helping and keeping Alldeaf running smoothly and to keep things peaceful on both sides...

I surely don't appreciate you Bullymom, telling me what to do or how to post when it comes to standing up for RR when you do the same likewise with your friends, other moderators or owners from different forums, there's no difference in this, members can stand up for anyone they please to as long its not in an abusive way ..In the same way it is natural to stand up for someone you love or is in a relationship with ...Like for me, I do keep his duties and our relationship separate but when it comes to members getting me involved when they weren't please the way RR locked or removed posts etc. then they make these lame excuses by saying " favoritism or there was a conflict of interest " and in doing so, they may cry aloud causing other members to jump right in and then it does gets ugly and affects AD....

It is not fair for you Bullymom or anyone else to mix my relationship and his moderating duties here in the open forum when it doesn't happen! If it had or has happening obviously Alex would have done something about it and I wouldn't have been a member here ...

Let's put an end to this once for all, if any of you have a problem with me or RR, it would be best to PM us instead of trying to stir more unwanted problems here in AD...Let's keep things peaceful please just like you Bullymom, you want to see AD a happy place to be and an enjoyment for everyone and that's what I want to... Can we? :aw:

*bump* for newbies....

Please read important thread here and hope you understand where AllDeaf rules come from because we don´t like insult, bashing & disrespect.....

wow... long a year ago...
Pretty quite interestng..

Yeah I remmy that.. LOL
Thx Liebling bring this up again, but they can relooked themselves.
*wink*

GalaxyAngel said:
wow... long a year ago...
Pretty quite interestng..

Yeah I remmy that.. LOL
Thx Liebling bring this up again, but they can relooked themselves.
*wink*

Exactly, I noticed that some members disrespect Roadrunner in some threads... No Way, that´s why I provided this link to some threads and pull this thread for newbies...

Back