Court of public opinion looms large in George Zimmerman murder trial

Pres. Obama backed off before and I guess it's political pressure so he spoke out. I disagree with him and I agree with Babyblue. All of us, male and female, white, black, yellow, brown still have to watch our backs.

sarcasm on/

But that doesn't fit the narrative coming from the White House and the DOJ. No, no, no, we must not unite, we must divide and it must be a racial divide.

sarcasm off/

Seriously, I know you guys see it too. First, Trayvon Martin was his son, now, Trayvon Martin was him. What is he going to be next? Jesus? Gandhi? Mother Theresa? Did the evil half-white half Hispanic strike down the son of God?

NY doesn't have SYG law.

After Roderick Scott case, we seems that we have SYG law in all states.

NY doesn't have SYG law.

40FrTah.jpg

The George Zimmerman case isn't a stand your ground case (SYG). He had his back to a sidewalk and was being beaten - he had no place to retreat to. It was either shoot and defend himself, or get his head caved in.

You all can argue all you want to about how he got himself in that predicament - but he did nothing illegal. Trayvon Martin was high and paranoid and (according to his girlfriend) thought that George Zimmerman was gay and following him to commit sexual assault. (medical examiner claims and verbal testimony from Jeantel)

All it would have taken is for Trayvon to have asked George Zimmerman what the problem was - he did not need to become confrontational and attack George Zimmerman. Both of these individuals were suspicious of each other - one became confrontational.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/zi...ting/-/1637132/20240974/-/ipsx8c/-/index.html

Trayvon Martin Was The Bigot, Thought Zimmerman Was Gay

If I was being followed by someone and I was creeped out by it, I would have kept walking in the direction of a place where I felt safe. I would not confront the person. If that was not possible, and it appeared that a confrontation would happen regardless of my attempts to avoid one, I would at least ask the person if they were lost, or needed help, in a non confrontational way. If they turned out to be a creepy person with malicious intent, I would take out my cellphone to take a picture of the person following me and post it on my facebook wall so that my family and all my friends could see the person in case anything were to happen to me (takes 2 seconds). I would possibly even convey that to the would be attacker/stalker that their gig is up and they better stop. It really depends on the situation. If they still continued, and I felt my life was in immediate and deadly danger - I have my concealed carry permit. I would defend myself with deadly force if I was attacked with deadly force. It would be my very last option, not my first.

The George Zimmerman case isn't a stand your ground case (SYG). He had his back to a sidewalk and was being beaten - he had no place to retreat to. It was either shoot and defend himself, or get his head caved in.
We all know that. No need to repeat it.

You all can argue all you want to about how he got himself in that predicament - but he did nothing illegal. Trayvon Martin was high and paranoid and (according to his girlfriend) thought that George Zimmerman was gay and following him to commit sexual assault. (medical examiner claims and verbal testimony from Jeantel)
What? TM beat him up because he thought GZ was gay? I have never heard of it before. It was not mentioned in the court at all. That night GZ had a red jacket similar to the one Michael Jackson wore. It's possible that TM thought GZ was gay like MJ because of that red jacket.

All it would have taken is for Trayvon to have asked George Zimmerman what the problem was - he did not need to become confrontational and attack George Zimmerman. Both of these individuals were suspicious of each other - one became confrontational.
Agreed.

Zimmerman attorneys say Trayvon Martin was on drugs on night of shooting | News - Home

Trayvon Martin Was The Bigot, Thought Zimmerman Was Gay

If I was being followed by someone and I was creeped out by it, I would have kept walking in the direction of a place where I felt safe. I would not confront the person. If that was not possible, and it appeared that a confrontation would happen regardless of my attempts to avoid one, I would at least ask the person if they were lost, or needed help, in a non confrontational way. If they turned out to be a creepy person with malicious intent, I would take out my cellphone to take a picture of the person following me and post it on my facebook wall so that my family and all my friends could see the person in case anything were to happen to me (takes 2 seconds). I would possibly even convey that to the would be attacker/stalker that their gig is up and they better stop. It really depends on the situation. If they still continued, and I felt my life was in immediate and deadly danger - I have my concealed carry permit. I would defend myself with deadly force if I was attacked with deadly force. It would be my very last option, not my first.

incorrect.

the fact that jury would convict him without hesitation if it was a reckless negligence or something chargeable is the fact that Zimmerman clearly did something wrong.

incorrect.

the fact that jury would convict him without hesitation if it was a reckless negligence or something chargeable is the fact that Zimmerman clearly did something wrong.
No, that's not a fact and no, that's not a fact. However, the fact is that GZ's acquitted just like Roderick Scott was acquitted, even though he didn't fear for his life and shot the teenager TWICE.

Perhaps, but racist would be a strong word here. At 17 years old, kids have their own language. Not liking an individual who may be stalking you doesn't amount to racism.

The issue has more to do with racial profiling than racism itself.
FBI investigated it and found that there was no racial profiling (hate crime). What's more, the prosecutors didn't bring it up because they had no proof. Let it go.

Do you know what cracker means? White slave master or owner who cracked slaves with whips. I wouldn't like to be called that at all.

No, that's not a fact and no, that's not a fact. However, the fact is that GZ's acquitted just like Roderick Scott was acquitted, even though he didn't fear for his life and shot the teenager TWICE.

did you read what the jurors said? that's the fact.

did you read what the jurors said? that's the fact.
So far only one juror spoke out. Juror B37. She might say that GZ did something wrong but it was not illegal. They found him not guilty because they believed that he feared for his life, no way to retreat. That's the reason why he screamed for help but no one helped him. Wow, you are still hardheaded.

So far only one juror spoke out. Juror B37. She might say that GZ did something wrong but it was not illegal. They found him not guilty because they believed that he feared for his life, no way to retreat. That's the reason why he screamed for help but no one helped him. Wow, you are still hardheaded.

wow you surely did forget a lot of thing, eh?

no concrete proof that it was Zimmerman's voice.
no concrete proof that Trayvon was an aggressor.
no concrete proof in whatever Zimmerman said.

but it's a fact that Zimmerman would be found GUILTY if the charge was appropriate. GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY.

wow you surely did forget a lot of thing, eh?

no concrete proof that it was Zimmerman's voice.
no concrete proof that Trayvon was an aggressor.
no concrete proof in whatever Zimmerman said.

but it's a fact that Zimmerman would be found GUILTY if the charge was appropriate. GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY.
Such as?

NY doesn't have SYG law.

nope we don't.

For states with no SYG law, you can use case law to claim that you are self defense. It is known as lack of duty to retreat.
what? lack of duty to retreat? that's not correct.

I think it's best if you leave it to us gun owners to explain the laws.... not you.

Back