Court Judge: Pay Interprefer

deafclimber said:
nope dont tell me i am wrong. you were not with me. enough talk.. thank you.

I don't need to have been there to know that you are wrong. Simple economics.

Tousi said:
Hi, IcedTea.....what do you mean?

Tousi, Look at this post message:

TrenGuyR said:
I have story to tell ya all. In Trenton, I went to court and Judge said,"You have to pay the fines, court fee, and pay the interprefer" :wtf: then I said, "I don't have to pay the interprefer" He said, "well you have to pay the interprefer" I said, "No, I don't have to pay the interprefer" He said, "I made my decide" with smile face. In my mind :madfawk: I said, "ok" and left the court room. I am still :mad2:

Court Judge :rl:

Do you all think he is wrong ?

I went to see an ADA attorney, she will take care of it. Hopefully she will kick his ass.

So, wonder if this judge knows about ADA law? Why did this judge tell TrenGuyR to pay interpreter, huh?

I went to court last Wednesday, yep there was 2 interpeters. One for me and one for the defendant. Yea we were up first and first to leave. Of course they dont want to pay too much for the interpeters if we stay all day long. So it was short and simple. I wont know who won the case til next week. So until then I will let you know.

re. Divorce & who pays for terp,

If a hearie can file for divorce for any reason, but the rules say that deaf must pay for terp in some cases, then what u have is:

1) Unequal access to courts, which is unconstitutional and a very dangerous slippery slope. Where do u stop & who decides where stop?

2) Social engineering to such an extreme degree as to verge on eugenics. You can't place different social and legal constraints, benefits, whatever on marriage and family life of deaf people than on the lives of hearing. And when u create unequal access to divorce (or marriage, for that matter), u are doing exactly that. In a sort of different way, this is along the same lines as old laws that governed how/whether people could marry and/or reproduce based on mental retardation, deafness, etc.

Back