Couple o' things, Alex! - VB4, 3char search

naisho

Forum Disorders M.D.,Ph.D
Reaction score
any chance we getting upgraded to VB4 around here? Would be cool to see the nifty features around here, they have that chat box thing.
http://www.bilderhoster.net/safeforbilder/5rhfghsr.png

second, any chance on reducing the search letter limit? A few times I've tried to search for some 3 letter abbreviation but 4 letters is the minimum.

The problem is that doing a 3-letter search takes too long considering how many 3-letter words there are in AllDeaf.

For instance, there are 6 3-letter words in this post.

no good, i'll be frank with what i'm doing.

I'm trying to search for 3 letter abbreviations most importantly the pics section. Say for random people, TCS for tincan salior or PFH for posts from hell. WTF, OMG are some variations I try to find a specific subject. Some people abbreviate others into 3 letters or less, so it gets a bit tough to search around. Google's no good in pic section.

Anyway, I can live with it though. I'm just curious because there are times the 3 letter would have been heckuv handy to have around.

You can always use the search feature to look for members' names in the picture forum. :)

It's not that function! :)
Let's say people wrote your alias as vpx instead of vampy. Now you want to find the posts where the person(s) said vpx, but it's tedious to comb through or you don't know the names of whoever posted. Does that make sense?

I heard it new update you have old verision!!

The thing about vB4 is that it's a bloated software and has a lot of bugs that need to be ironed out. I'm a member of the big boards group, and the majority of the owners there did not upgrade to the latest vB version. Eventually, though, I will have no choice but to upgrade. So, we'll have to wait until the time comes. :)

As for the search thing, it is possible but it would mean rebuilding the AD database to fulltext indexes. Considering how big the database is right now, that's something I do not want to mess with quite frankly. Sorry, dude.

The thing about vB4 is that it's a bloated software and has a lot of bugs that need to be ironed out. I'm a member of the big boards group, and the majority of the owners there did not upgrade to the latest vB version. Eventually, though, I will have no choice but to upgrade. So, we'll have to wait until the time comes. :)

As for the search thing, it is possible but it would mean rebuilding the AD database to fulltext indexes. Considering how big the database is right now, that's something I do not want to mess with quite frankly. Sorry, dude.

I agree you!

That is cool, good to know. I am not discontent or anything! Trying to find ways to make our board better for everyone.. :D

smithtr, how are you?

Im annoyed by the 4 char search. A lot of times i want to do a 3 char search...

include a wild card for the search feature so we can search for things shorter than 4

That is cool, good to know. I am not discontent or anything! Trying to find ways to make our board better for everyone.. :D

smithtr, how are you?

Hello Naish I ma not see you long time I am great :) I am glad of you not see long time :)

yes that is true bug cause on bug lots of issues serious

I know experinece my best friends hosting techincal told me limit software cause conflict bug serious big!

Vb4 cause bug error lots of risk can't upgrade

I am experience vb4 see 4.5 bete I notice pretty smooth!

modication lots of mess pretty lots of things not good risk!

lots of mess database not good!

I reading on vbulletins limit vb 4 I knew on vb 4 issues on bug cause on serious!

Back