Couple Adopts 5 Separated Brothers

rockin'robin

Reaction score
Brothers Had Been Living In Different Foster Homes

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- At first glance, you'd think the Morgans have been living together as a family for years, but the reality is that Matt and Diane stepped into five brothers' lives just 90 days ago.

The Morgans celebrated perhaps the biggest day of their lives Monday at the courthouse, where they legally became the official guardians of five sons.

The brothers had been living in separate homes until the couple took them into their home together.

The family was backed by extended family, and after a few follow up questions in court, a judge granted the Morgans their wish.

It was a moment the family said it will cherish forever.

Video: 5 Brothers Adoption Finalized

"Once we heard their story and they were in separate foster homes, we just could not stand that they were in separate homes," Diane Morgan said. "Boys should be together. Family should be together, and that was the most important thing for us was to bring them together."

The Morgans admitted that adopting five brothers ages 2 to 13 is a transition they never could have prepared for, but a large family is exactly what they wanted, and now their dream has come true.

"It's great. You come home from work, you're mentally exhausted, you're physically fatigued. You open the door and one of these little guys comes running out to you, 'Daddy.' It all goes away. You remember why you went to work," Matt Morgan said.

Couple Adopts 5 Separated Brothers - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville

Great story. What a handsome family of boys!

As a foster to adoptive parent, that makes my heart so happy to read!!! Not only have the children been blessed, the parents have been as well!!!

As a foster to adoptive parent, that makes my heart so happy to read!!! Not only have the children been blessed, the parents have been as well!!!

Oh YES!....Every AM when my sons come down the stairs...yawning and "scratching"...."what's for breakfast"?....it warms my heart....gives me a "purpose"...I would do it again (adopt)...

Oh YES!....Every AM when my sons come down the stairs...yawning and "scratching"...."what's for breakfast"?....it warms my heart....gives me a "purpose"...I would do it again (adopt)...

THATS RIGHT!!! I thought you had adopted the boys!! (been so long since I was on here!! LOL) And YES-- every "mommy" and sweet kiss I get melts my heart... people say how lucky he was to be adopted-- NO I was the lucky one they chose to let adopt him!!!

Honestly, I'm on the list to do it again!!! I might be crazy since Adam has lots going on but we're aiming for a little sister!!!

Kudos to the couple for doing this!

I love this!!! My girls were in separate homes... It is so awesome when the little ones can get back together!!!

I wish to adopt one but dunno how much it gotta cost and all that process gotta take.
This is a lovely story. I love it.

I've also thought about adopting another child too, as my sons are teenagers. But at my age, not too good of an idea (I think). I'm just beginning to find some time for "me"....But I'm not gonna say "never"...I might just pick up the phone and drive down to the Children's Home Society and talk with them to get their feedback on age requirements.

I thought a bit about adopting too. But I am thinking about maybe doing a big brother kind of thing (lets make that big Uncle, Big Daddy (weird?), or Big Father). Not sure how age would influence this kind of thing.

Horselover & Cheetah- We love adoption!! We are a newly adoptive family, and hubby has a lot adoption in his family.. I don't know it all, but if I can ever help point you in the right direction please just let me know. :)

Great idea

I thought a bit about adopting too. But I am thinking about maybe doing a big brother kind of thing (lets make that big Uncle, Big Daddy (weird?), or Big Father). Not sure how age would influence this kind of thing.

Cheetah, you need to do it, you would be great at whatever you choose.

Cheetah, you need to do it, you would be great at whatever you choose.

Thanks Angel. I'm thinking about starting to investigate this possibility next year after I get all of my debts paid off. How cool would it be to adopt a young deaf child!!!

Back