Could you repeat that last part please?

christineatsflowers

Reaction score
I say that like 10 a day, to teachers, friends. You name it they've heard it from me more then once.. I'm now known as that deaf girl, no one says anything they ask the teacher to ask me to do it like Wtf I'm here.. I can't see your lips moving! I understand what your saying if you'd give me the chance or people getting frustrated with me! only because I've asked them to repeat something like 3 times, third times the charm if you wouldn't mumble! I'm just lonely and frustrated its not easy being cheesy if youre the only deaf person in high school.

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

It sounds like you need to talk to the special education people. You are obviously not getting adequate help in school. Go ahead and be assertive!! Dropping out would be a crappy alternative.

High school can be rough, but hang in there because things get better. I did a lot better in high school than the previous years. I made more friends and did more things. It's different for us to be sure.

You'll be OK.

Was deaf and mainstreamed in high school. I know how you feel. It is not easy! Hang in there and I hope the AD community can help you through this.

I say that like 10 a day, to teachers, friends. You name it they've heard it from me more then once.. I'm now known as that deaf girl, no one says anything they ask the teacher to ask me to do it like Wtf I'm here.. I can't see your lips moving! I understand what your saying if you'd give me the chance or people getting frustrated with me! only because I've asked them to repeat something like 3 times, third times the charm if you wouldn't mumble! I'm just lonely and frustrated its not easy being cheesy if youre the only deaf person in high school.

Been there and done that. High School SUCKS big time....Are there any dhh programs in Oklahoma? What about looking into Oklahoma School for the Deaf? Oklahoma School for the Deaf Contact them and see if there's any dhh programs in your area.....That's the best advice I can give you.....look into Deaf stuff......
What about summer camps? Summer Camps for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children and Teens

thanks everyone I just could leave my family though my mom would never let me go to a boarding school and I will Monday none of my teachers have even said anything like that to give me any help my doctor and the ent weren't very helpful either

thanks everyone I just could leave my family though my mom would never let me go to a boarding school and I will Monday none of my teachers have even said anything like that to give me any help my doctor and the ent weren't very helpful either

Oh OK.... but I mean you could still contact them to see if there might be a dhh program near you. In a lot of states dhh kids can attend a mainstream school, that has a formal dhh program. That might be better then solotairing it.
Do you have an IEP? Maybe you could talk to the special education coordinator to see if there might be any resources out there. If you're not struggling academicly, you could opt for Deaf camp maybe.

Wirelessly posted

Dude i know exactly how you feel. I always end up in tears because i get so irritated. If you ever want to talk im here ^^

I'm doing fine academically other then I'm still in orchestra and I can't participate because I can't hear the people around me to keep up and to stay in tune I have good mustle memory but I can't learn a new song without hearing it

Do you play a wind instrument? I quit band in HS because Dr. said it put too much pressure on my ears. I was really bad, and the band director breathed a sigh of relief.

no I play cello in orchestra lmao I bet my orchestra director would looooove to see me go I sit in the back and watch them play.... beat class ever...

Im hearing and not in high school I know how you feel tho. Its hard to try and fit in. If you want to talk im here. always.

christineatsflowers said:
no I play cello in orchestra lmao I bet my orchestra director would looooove to see me go I sit in the back and watch them play.... beat class ever...

I'm hard of hearing and I play Viola and cello. I think that and dancing is What keeps me going because once I feel it nothing else matters been playing since I was 8.

sweetkisses89 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by christineatsflowers

I'm hard of hearing and I play Viola and cello. I think that andno dancing is What keeps me going because once I feel it nothing else matters been playing since I was 8.

that's amazing and as have I, I mean like the summer before 4th grade I started lessons and its like my body hates me and want to make me miserable

You need to talk to the school counselor about getting some accommodations for you like ASL interpreters, notetakers, and captioned or subtitles videos in your classes. If the principal and the hearing teachers refuse to listen to your needs, then you need to talk with your Mom about going to the Deaf school where there are Deaf teachers. Being in a mainstream school without ASL is suck.

I don't know why ADers want you to hang in there when you need help very badly. Without ASL, you are definitely lost. I feel for you because I was in the mainstream school without no ASL. I hate it. :(

Back